Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Undervalued

ChrisJones
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I was warned about using the 02 recycling service by a friend who said phones always get valued then 02 come back with some ****** and bull story about some damage or other then offer you about 3 quid for your immaculate phone. Lo and behold that's happened to me. £45 quoted for an S6, in immaculate condition, I get an email today citing screen damage (ie screen burning, icons or images burned into LCD). What a load of rubbish that is. So the revised offer is a paltry £9, massively below its market value. 

Really poor and inaccurate representation of its actual market value. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27643 Solutions
Common complaint but you were warned!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@ChrisJones

Ask for it back and take it to CEX https://uk.webuy.com/

Or Mazuma Mobile https://www.mazumamobile.com/

You will get a far better price for it.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@ChrisJones Welcome to the Wonderful World of O2 Recycle. Had you come here before you sent it off you would have seen that your friend's warning was right. Hopefully you'll get it returned in the condition you sent it off and you can then follow @Cleoriff's advice.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

ChrisJones
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Brilliant, so glad I wasted my time trekking to the post office! 

OK, will do.

To be honest it has a busted microphone and I thought it'd be reduced in value for that reason, but no, they cited some tried and tested screen nonsense instead which seems to be a commonly recurring theme

Message 5 of 5