cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay as u go Iphone 3g unlocked?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to buy an iphone 3g and do not live in the UK. I have family there that can buy the phone for me from O2 pay as u go but would like to know if the phone IS or CAN BE unlocked so that I can use it in my country? If it can be then now much will it cost?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any O2 Pay As You Go phone is locked to O2 for 12 months, because O2 sell the phone at a discounted rate, to try and recoup some of the discount the phone cannot be unlocked by O2 for 12 months.

Hope this helps
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you want, you could get ripped off and buy an iPhone unlocked from here...

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/9 ... chsource=0 - 8GB

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/9 ... oduct.html - 16GB
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
All UK iPhones are locked to O2. Latest versions cannot be unlocked nor will they be by O2 even at the end of contract (unless that policy is changed in the future)
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
it is interesting for me tho...
how its gonna look like - i get one sms from o2 service every month like 1st mont, 2nd mont is activated and so on... (iv got pay ang go iphone)
so is it right that when it is going to 12fth month i will get a sms with a text telling mr like tadam!!!!! your iphone is unlocked!=)

or how is it going to work tho?....
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
The preset policy in NO UNLOCKING EVER. Until the policy changes or someone challenges it in Court that is how it will stay.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
it is interesting for me tho...
how its gonna look like - i get one sms from o2 service every month like 1st mont, 2nd mont is activated and so on... (iv got pay ang go iphone)
so is it right that when it is going to 12fth month i will get a sms with a text telling mr like tadam!!!!! your iphone is unlocked!=)
or how is it going to work tho?....

No. No Unlocking.
Message 7 of 7