Did you mean: 

Password symbols - tired of changing 02 passwords ad infinitum

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi

Which symbols do all websites allow for passwords?.  O2, tastyrewards etc are 2 which have a limited range , Some finicial institutions seem to use none.

This is my time of year for working out next year's individual but memorable password codes. So its the most common popular symbols to use this year(grrr)??

O2 's had to be changed regularly during 2018 because of its limited offering. Sorry, No i dont write them down . They just get lost.and i wont add them to the PC or phone scream

Passwords are old hat I'm told but banks etc seem to think ones liable if passwords arent  kept up.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Thanks Bambino I'll look into this.
However my system worked well until I discovered a few businesses eg 02 only allow the choice of limited symbols.
 I shouldnt need to change passwords.I if I do there's a simple tweak to make.

My prob this year was with 02 and 2 other sites allow  a limited choice of symbols are available.

Maybe I'll CHAT with 02 re the range on offer this year

Message 3 of 6

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Hi      I think Ive located the symbols 02 permits so will be able to make up this years code for all websites.

Below is NOT  the base I will use this year just an idea.        Too complex or wot ? but it is memorable & individual   or just plain crACKERS 

Grt . Uncle johns birth date  09  12  1909     :     wife  Eth  ;   reverse final letters of the website  in hand 

incorporating symbols;  plus secret denotion for certain types of site

eg this for this PHONE COMPANY   20.09&1219Eth09$ZXC!     or eg for a certain social media site koob.09&1219Eth09$MNB?   and so on for approx 50 sites.

I needed to know the most common symbols allowed by all websites.  More than 2 differences in the above blows my memory !!!

Message 4 of 6

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

02 have allowed all sym bols     or so it appears.  

I changed my base code for next years password system  and NO symbols were disallowed  . - so it seems

Thanks 02

Please note the code i listed above bears no resemblance to anything  in use or in future use 

More info
Bouncy
Message 5 of 6

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
More info
Mexican Wave      Yeeees    Ive rejigged 20 out of approx 40 passwords for 2019 AND    02 are accepting the symbols earmarked for this year's brood.
Thanks 02  that made life a lot easier.

Message 6 of 6