cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POOR customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Last Friday I went to one of the O2 stores to get help with my phone that would not send text messages. Anyway, since I have temporarily changed to Pay as You Go, which was couple of months ago, I was unable to send text messages. If I tried to send one, a 'failed' message would appear, therefore I spoke to someone via Chat Online, who was unable to solve the problem as we were unable to find the right path to the message settings and I was advised to go to the nearest store instead. I as doing my final exams and writing a dissertation, so I was unable to go until last Friday. The staff in the store was quite helpful, however the person serving me was unable to fix the problem as he also could not find the text messages settings, so I was put on the phone to one of the advisers. This is where the problem starts.

I explained the problem and I was asked by the adviser to enter the message settings, obviously. So I explained the message settings were not where the general settings were and even the staff in the store were unable to find them. At this point the adviser started to get annoyed with me, as if I was an idiot and could not find such a simple thing as the settings. There was also a lot of noise from the customers being served in the store, so I had to ask the adviser (kindly) to repeat what he had just said, which made him even angrier and started to raise his voice. 
Finally, he correctly guided me to the settings and informed me that the messaging center number was wrong and I was to change it, which I did. I was then asked to restart my phone and send a text message. I did so, however the messages were not sending, to which he raised his voice again and told me that he can see that I have just sent 4 text messages. I said to him kindly, I believe I used following words: "I know I must seem totally dumb, but I swear that the messages are not showing up, they did not sent." To which he started to shout and told me he could see I sent the messages and made me feel like an total idiot. I was really upset with the way I was treated, what a poor, poor behavior from and adviser! I thanked him and put the phone down.

Anyway, the 'failed' message continued top appear, so when I got home, I searched for the problem online and I found out that the adviser gave me the wrong message center number. He told me to change it to: +447802000332, however I read from the website that it should be the following: +447802092035.

I was hoping to go back to pay monthly as I am looking into getting a new phone, but if this is how I get treated, I no longer want to be an O2 customer.

Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I have to ask whether this was an o2 store or a franchised store? An official store and I would find it hard to believe unless you were confrontational. 

Message 61 of 62

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I have to ask whether this was an o2 store or a franchised store? An official store and I would find it hard to believe unless you were confrontational. 

Agree. As it seems relevant that the other O2 store recognised the fault immediately and provided a different experience altogether

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 62 of 62