cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wanted to thank 02 for making it nigh on impossible to request my PAC code, have decided it is much easier to just take on a new number.  I won't be coming back.

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

thank you  it worked in  a  different  browser  and have  now received my pac.  

Good news slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pgn wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

And the reason why O2 will never put the PAC code request into My O2 is because they want the option of trying to convince you to stay.

After the roaming shambles I could see PAC code requests being activated by 1000's of customers if it was in My O2!!! So it will remain as it is for now @pgn...nauseated_face

Yes, I can see the rather twisted logic there, @Cleoriff, tongue_closed

Not twisted logic. What's the worst outcome for them, by making you contact CS? You'll still leave. On the other hand they may talk you into staying.

Annoying for us though. I just got my PAC. I decided to use the excuse that O2 didn't have coverage at my partner's address (true). Psst - I didn't tell them that the other three networks are no better. I thought I was being clever, but endured a lenghty conversation where they checked the postcode, suggested a new SIM, and offered to put me through to the network team. Even though my responses were all similar to 'no thanks - can I have my PAC please?', it still took about 30mins on the chat to get it.

Message 32 of 36

jonsie
  • 93156 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Rho1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It is supposed to be easy to obtain a PAC in order to change your mobile phone provider and keep your number.

Both my partner and I are on rolling sim only 4G contracts with O2. We received an offer from our broadband and telephone provider to change our mobile services which would result in saving over £300 in a year compared to what we are paying with O2.

I decided to make the request for my PAC code in chat as i wanted a record of what was said. The first 5 minutes of the chat were fairly painless and customer services rep said they were transferring me to cancellations who would process my request, except he didn't as i was passed to recontracting at which point the conversation went rapidly downhill.

Even though I had clearly explained why my partner and I were leaving O2 I was asked to explain all over again, so i did and requested the PAC code again. My request was ignored and they asked which provider we were moving to. When I asked why they needed to know that they said it was so they could obtain feedback and improve future offers to customers.

Not true because as soon as I entered my new provider they wanted to know the deal I had got from them which which I told them because I knew they could not match it. After a significant delay they offered a deal to match but only in terms of data, minutes and texts  - their deal was still £16.00 more a month than the new provider was offering. Now half an hour in to the chat, no PAC code and I said I wasn't interested.

So even though it was clear their deal was more expensive O2 made outrageous claims that they were better than our proposed provider as as they offered loads of extra services (which we have never used and don't have any interest in and told them so).

I really got annoyed when they copied loads of advertisement text into the chat window about their extra services in an attempt to persuade us to stay with them on the more expensive contract - it was both high pressure sales and immoral, and strangely enough at no time did they offer us a deal from their family sim program (which would have been cheaper than than their new offer).

It wasn't until I informed them that i was aware of the legislation surrounding the 2hr time limit for a mobile provider to provide a PAC (of which they had already used up 70 minutes of in chat) and I threatened to send a copy of the chat in a complaint to ofcom that they backed off and acceded to my request.

Strangely enough I then received the PAC code by text within 10 seconds.

I will never be coming back to O2 after my experience today and I am sure trading standards will be interested in the chat and some of their claims.

Message 34 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Thats quite outrageous @Rho1 No provider can refuse to give you your PAC...

I would make a complaint https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 36

MI5
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
At least you have your pac now.
Help guide here for reference for anyone
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 36 of 36