Mmmmmm...well the guide will need updating Whistle

My thoughts entirely 

Message 11 of 25

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

A guide has already been produced covering the new process. It’s live on EE, 3, Vodafone and Virgin that I am aware of. Probably live on other networks too since it has to be live by Monday

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Cancelling-your-contract-An-updated-guide/td-p/1234852

Message 12 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@davethorp wrote:

A guide has already been produced covering the new process. It’s live on EE, 3, Vodafone and Virgin that I am aware of. Probably live on other networks too since it has to be live by Monday

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Cancelling-your-contract-An-updated-guide/td-p/1234852

That was quick..... sweat_smile

Message 13 of 25

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@davethorp wrote:

That was quick..... sweat_smile

On the ball me 😂😂

Plus I wrote the original cancellation guide which has become depreciated by STAC codes so was best to update it

I don’t know if O2 have implemented the process yet as I don’t have an O2 sim in a phone to try. They don’t seem to have the options in myO2 yet though which are also a requirement

Message 14 of 25

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning guys sun

Here's the latest update on this:

The new switching regulation comes into force from today (1 July 2019) and all our customers will be able to make use of this new switching service from then as per the regulation - you can find more information here.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 16 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for the confirmation @EmilieT 

Page bookmarked wink

Also can we have the updated guide here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Cancelling-your-contract-An-updated-guide/td-p/1234852  by @davethorp added to the Index Of Community Guides please (and the outdated guides removed)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 25

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Thank you
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 25

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Good to see O2 all ready to go with this 😃

@jonsie 

I think it wasn't a case of being a 'nice to have', I'd imagine there'd have a been a large fine to pay if it wasn't ready to go.

We'll never really know of course but I wonder how many PAC codes have been requested today across the operators in the UK.

It's a completely useless but interesting figure nonetheless.

#Ineedtogetoutmore

Message 20 of 25