cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of data - o2 live chat promises tariff change at midnight, doesn't materialise

Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning,

I've run out of data as I'm on the road with no wifi available. Thought I might as well change to a better tariff as it's happened a few times now so logged in to My o2 and changed tariff to 10GB, which would be effective from next bill date, Feb 25. This doesn't solve my issue right now which is that I have run out of data so tried to add a bolt on for the short term - no can do as I've made a change to my tariff.

Spoke to o2 live chat not once but twice. First chat said not a problem, we can update your tariff to go live from midnight tonight. Grand I said, thanks very much, confirmed it all but then there seemed to be a problem with the connection and I was a bit worried it wouldn't go through. So logged onto a computer to just double check details, again through Live Chat. Guy said there was no record of it going live from midnight but it might take 12 hours to update, but he'd put it through again to confirm. All confirmed, accepted terms and conditions thank you very much. Asked for an email to confirm these changes. No email arrived and come the next day no update to tariff and no data.

What a waste of time. Should I just cancel tarif change in order to get a stupidly overpriced bolt on? Why is the service promise not delivered? Really disappointing customer service and situation. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Your best bet would be to ring customer services and speak to someone. Live chat can be problematic at times..Changes in tariff always take place on your next billing cycle so I doubt anyone can override the system

CS may be able to apply a bolt on if you can't. They are open from 8am, Between then and 8.30am is the best time to call https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - I've sorted it by cancelling the tariff change, paying for a bolt on and then re-scheduling the tariff change for the next bill date. Very irritating that I could have just done that yesterday and not sure why O2 provide Live Chat with such low standards.

Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Pleased to hear you have sorted it @Anonymous. Very annoying when Live Chat misinform people . Best of luck with your next tariff change wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

It’s because the system only allows one tariff change per month which has always been a bizarre rule in my opinion.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5