cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered new phone out of stock

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ordered my new Samsung 5 mini on Saturday, said in stock. Received a text yesterday saying out of stock, expecting more deliveries on 26th (today). From previous experiences have out of stock phones been delievered to anyone quickly? Need my phone this week! Many thanks. 

Message 1 of 50
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all of your replies, very kind. 

I started an online chat with a worker and they looked into it - still out of stock however apparently I will get my phone by tomorrow or Wednesday latest... We shall see... 

Message 8 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143188 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
From previous reports on here that is not uncommon and it's anyone's guess when phones will be back in stock.
Suggest you keep on calling CS for updates.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 50

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122130 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
From previous reports on here that is not uncommon and it's anyone's guess when phones will be back in stock.
Suggest you keep on calling CS for updates.

And here we go again. Lets hope if the takeover goes ahead this practice is kicked out. I can't believe it is still happening if honest... slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
It may be worth considering cancelling the online order, wait a day or so for o2's systems to update ,and carry out the order in your local O2 store.

You can ring ahead to ensure they have stock if you wish.
Message 4 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally I would go to your local o2 store and see if they have stock. If they do then cancel your online order and walk out with the phone.

If refresh is not a deal breaker or if you are paying in full for the phone try carphone warehouse as they can upgrade your o2 contract and might be cheaper
Message 5 of 50

Cleoriff
  • 122130 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

It is, quite honestly, continued bad service. Seemed to start in September with the launch of the iPhone 6. It hasn't improved. Personally I wouldn't be putting myself out chasing it up...if O2 didn't want my business I would take it elsewhere. I think far too many people are being held to ransom about Refresh. This should NOT affect stock levels.:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Given that Giffgaff are able to operate a site that controls stock then o2 (who own GG) should also be able to.

It has been suggested that o2 order handsets in based on orders outstanding. Be interesting to know if that is true and if so how they can morally advertise next day delivery when they know they don't have the stock
Message 7 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

I started an online chat with a worker and they looked into it - still out of stock however apparently I will get my phone by tomorrow or Wednesday latest... We shall see... 

Message 8 of 50

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

And the online Live Chat told you that did they ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 9 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes they did. Fingers crossed!
Message 10 of 50