cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered new phone out of stock

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ordered my new Samsung 5 mini on Saturday, said in stock. Received a text yesterday saying out of stock, expecting more deliveries on 26th (today). From previous experiences have out of stock phones been delievered to anyone quickly? Need my phone this week! Many thanks. 

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
My tracking number is working too. Should be coming tomorrow, also received a text telling me this. Good luck everyone! Hopefully in 24hrs time we shall all have shiny new phones slight_smile
Message 31 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well mine has arrived. Just waiting for the final stages of actrivation but I'm pretty much up and running slight_smile

Message 32 of 50

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Well mine has arrived. Just waiting for the final stages of actrivation but I'm pretty much up and running slight_smile

Good news 😊

Message 33 of 50

Cleoriff
  • 122139 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I am really pleased for you (albeit amazed that they got it right this time:smileywink:)

Let us know what you think of the phone.

So now it's just @Anonymous  who needs to come back to update whether they received theirs ...then we will all be astounded that O2 and UK mail are on the ball LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 50

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

And @Anonymous .......the one in a million !!

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 35 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thankfully I did receive my phone today, think next time will definitely buy from a shop in the high street
Message 36 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

The phone is good. Little larger than the S2 I upgraded from but the extra screen helps for my ageing eyes.

The phone came with a new micro SIM. Rang O2 for activation at 14:11. Old SIM was disconnected promptly and they told me it could take up to 24 hours for the activation to complete but it is usually complete in 30 minutes.

I've been getting texts on the phone for the last 90 minutes or so but no telephony. Calls in and outbound fail with Network Busy. Am I being impatient and this is normal?

Message 37 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try turning the phone off and on to reset the connection to the Network.
Message 38 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried that several times. About Device - Status shows:

Network: O2-UK

Mobile Network Type: HSUPA

Service State: In Service

Roaming: Not roaming

Mobile Network State: Disconnected

My Phone Number: Unknown

Device Status: Official

Message 39 of 50

Cleoriff
  • 122139 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

It may not have finshed total activation yet. I did a sim swap yesterday. Text were pretty immediate but until all the texts came in and last one saying activation complete I couldn't phone. Turned it off and then back on again and it worked . You may have to give it a bit more time

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 40 of 50