cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order online, in store stock

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I’ve ordered online & decided to pick up instore. The buying process supposedly checks the stock levels and states that it’s available for collection today, but having completed the transaction & received no email.. I’ve rung the store who state they have none in.

I only clicked pick up as it said it was available & i was going into town.. now I’ll have to make another trip another day..

Not happy

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No one here is disagreeing with you mate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 20

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The whole ordering process is a shambles. It's always best to go instore in the first place. Without a live stock system it's all possibilities and maybes which is so frustrating and stressful for customers. 

Message 12 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been to the shop (again) and it’s sat there waiting.. but guess what... no email with the pin code so I can collect it.

so no id or card needed, just a pin code apparently..

left hand.. right hand.. 

pizz up... brewery..

spring to mind

Message 13 of 20

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Have you called customer service? There's obviously a problem with the website so call them. I wouldn't advise live chat for this unless you use the one on the complaints link here

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 14 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I rang customer service..

apparently the email was sent at 10am and will still be on it’s way... (have you ever heard such twaddle?)

long and and short of it is.. confirm your account details over the phone and they can give you the 4 digit pin.. there and then.. no cards, no id.. no nothing..

so having biked back into town (AGAIN) I handed over the pin and claimed my phone. The shop says all you need is the pin. No id, no credit card, no proof, no nothing. just a pin..

Purchasing online has never been such hard work...

Message 15 of 20

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 16 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

What an absolute disaster...No consideration for customers at all..:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 20

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Even worse is that every shop is different.
I advised someone recently that only their pin was needed. They came back saying that their store wanted ID too, so it appears they all have different policies!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Even worse is that every shop is different.
I advised someone recently that only their pin was needed. They came back saying that their store wanted ID too, so it appears they all have different policies!

Not a surprise. Same as some O2 shops will take 5 mins to swap everything over for you if you need a new sim...others refuse...Our local store always seems to go the extra mile for customers...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 20

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Indeed, I've always had great service there too.

Currently using:
Message 20 of 20