Open discussion: Community Rewards

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi all,

How’s your week going?

So we’ve had the Community Rewards now since August 2013 to say thank you to all of you who help each other out, drive discussion and produce great content and engagement on our community. Very happy to see both old and new members on the rewards list – see here the Rewards thread from January. Cat Very Happy

We’d like to hear your views on the Rewards to check whether we could make any enhancements now that this programme has been in use for a while. I know some of you have mentioned that an option for giving your reward to charity would be welcomed – definitely something we have been thinking about for a while now based on your comments so far and continue looking into – interesting ideas already going on in the January thread I linked above.

Any interest in e.g. having the community rewards working towards acquiring a new mobile device or perhaps linked with services such as Priority Moments? What do you think about the current levels – Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze?

What about any other ideas or suggestions?

Looking forward to the discussion! Popcorn

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Cleoriff
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

I would agree with@Anonymous  comments about so many charities. You will never please all of the people all of the time. I have my own favourites and doubt they would be the same as anyone else.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 36

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

But O2 Community is more autocratic than the Giffgaff forum so although the discussions and disagreements happen on here, they do not influence the final decision by O2.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 32 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beenherebefore wrote:

But O2 Community is more autocratic than the Giffgaff forum so although the discussions and disagreements happen on here, they do not influence the final decision by O2.

I am not sure what you are implying here @Beenherebefore Could you elaborate please?  Are you saying there is in fact no point in expressing views/suggesting improvements etc since O2 won't take any notice anyway?

Message 33 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 will make their own decisions. They have little interest in our opinions. That's why the idea of a User Panel didn't take hold. They aren't interested
Message 34 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
O2 will make their own decisions. They have little interest in our opinions. That's why the idea of a User Panel didn't take hold. They aren't interested

That is sad @Anonymous  - you are beginning to sound like me and we can't have that at all, at all, at all!! Smiley Very Happy   

Of course O2 have to make the decisions, and of course they won't always make the right decisions as far as some members are concerned, but for some other members they cannot do anything wrong.  I suppose the trick (or the expertise?) is to know how to keep that balance right and to do that I would say they have to listen to what Members say, cherry picking where they can the ideas and suggestions that they think most likely to enable them to keep an even keel.  So they (O2) aren't that much different from any other organisation I have ever been associated with. 

Illegitimi non carborundum!   ............... and keep smiling!  We have nothing to lose but our Membership!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 35 of 36

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey guys,

Lots of very useful feedback, thanks so much for posting all of this. Cat

We were discussing the Rewards a bit more today and I've run through all your feedback and suggestions with our different teams as well today so I thought I'd pop in and give a little update right away.

There are a few main points from your feedback that we are definitely keen on investigating further. These are:

• Option for donating the Rewards to a charity, definitely something that you guys have mentioned from the start and as Toby has mentioned we've already started looking into this
  • Inclusion of a lower Reward band (I'm thinking of e.g. newer members and the threshold for participating, and perhaps at the same time we can also look at the names of the different bands)
  • Voucher options
  • More content-based rewarding, e.g. nominating the guide of the month etc. I think that sounded great, especially when thinking of members who contribute on a less-frequent basis but still manage to produce an awesome guide or other type of content.

Now that said, nothing concrete has yet been decided and as I mentioned we will be looking into these in more detail now. I'll pop in a new update for you when I have more info to share.

Thanks again for your help everyone and have a great rest of the evening! slight_smile

Message 36 of 36