Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus 5T

MarkFarrimond
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been with O2 for over 10 years and I have been satisfied with the service I have received until recently. I currently have an O2 simplicity contract that I am happy with and I needed to purchase a new phone. After trying to purchase the OnePlus 5T phone from the O2 store, I was told that there were none in stock, so I decided to try online. Tried to purchase the phone several times on a pay-as-you-go contract on two different cards but each time the transaction failed due to my home address not matching the card. Phoned customer service to be told the only way to get the phone was to buy a contract and then receive the phone, keep the phone but cancel the contract. This sounded like a way of getting me into a long-term contract. My take on all this, is that O2 are not happy to sell the phone to a customer with an existing contract because they would like you to purchase a phone on an expensive two deal that cost more than the phone outright. Has anyone else experienced this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Many people have successfully bought phones on PAYG.
However, the online payment system is rubbish, so you’d be better off waiting for stores to get stock in.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@MarkFarrimond  If you're happy with the contract you're on, why not just buy the phone from OnePlus directly? It's the same price. Doesn't seem to be any advantage to you to buy it from O2.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

And anyone of the advisers will sell you the contract irrespective of the phones being in stock. O2 do not have a live stock system and we have learned over the years that they do not carry much stock. 

My advice... as above, buy the phone anywhere they have them in stock or wait for store to get it for you. You may even end up saving money. 

Message 4 of 4