iar1980
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am SINCERELY hoping that 02 acquire some sensible bandwidth and not miss out on a whole section like they did when they failed to acquire any 2600 mHz spectrum. This means that no O2 customer will be able to enjoy 4.5 G that Vodafone UK are now offering! 

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi iar1980

Thank you for posting the link.

Interesting times ahead !
Message 3 of 8

iar1980
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

The article seems to suggest that o2 along with Three are very interested. Let's just hope that they invest in some decent spectrum space to accomodate for the ever growing mobile industry.....

Current Phones: iPhone XS Max
Previous Phones: Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Pixel 2 XL, iPhone 7, HTC 10, HTC One (M8), HTC One (M7), iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 5s, HTC One A9, HTC Desire HD, Lumia 640 XL, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Three were the other network which flumped it. But it is interesting how Three and 02 are both interested. There was a rumour that Three's parent company Hutchison Whampoa were going to buy 02 UK out in full. If that happens they will be able to challenge the likes of Vodafone and EE regarding the expansion of 4G and any further innovations in the future.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
That rumour has been around for a long time but nothing seems to have moved on it except the O2-IE takeover.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
nothing seems to have moved on it except the O2-IE takeover.....

And that was what started the rumour wink ......well, that and me being a conspiracy theorist...or should that be terrorist ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Shhhuuuuush wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8