cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OFCOM Shows Its Teeth

Anonymous
Not applicable
Following a review last year, OFCOM found that many users especially in rural areas were unable to even make calls and texts.

Vodafone covered 82% of landmass.
O2 and EE 78%

So OFCOM has now changed the licences to ensure that by 2017 90% of UK landmass will have at least a 2g network for calls and texts compared with an 80% requirement now.

(Note this should not be confused with the 98% of population o2 must provide with good indoor and outdoor coverage of all three networks 2g 3g and 4g by 2017 - that is about population, this new change is about landmass).

http://www.uswitch.com/broadband/news/2015/02/ofcom_varies_mobile_licences_for_ee_o2_three_and_vodaf...
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Oh dear Jane....I can't write through the tears of laughter!

Got my vote as post of the year....and all previous years on the community.....LOLLOLLMAO1.gif

I have the feeling that Jane may have known exactly what she was saying. Its that wicked Yorkshire sense of humour and she probably thought we all needed a damn good laugh LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I'm still laughing and hope it remains on the community for posterity. I'd love it to appear on google search Mexican Wave

Message 22 of 22