cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 won't refund me for their mistakes

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got an iPhone 2 months ago for £27 a month. The only reason I went with O2 is because I was still paying off another contract on another phone and because of where I work I had a code that would credit my account something like £160 so I wouldn't have to pay my bill for a few months (when the old contract would have finished). I got my phone from the O2 shop and they were really good and I gave them the code etc. a couple of weeks later I get my first bill and they've taken it out of my account so I talk to them online and they couldn't figure out why my account hasn't been adjusted, so I call the store where I got it and they tell me it can take up to 30 days for the code to go through (something they didn't tell me before) so I paid and was told my account would be adjusted before my next bill. A month later the money comes out again causing bank charges as I wasn't expecting it. So I talk to them online for the second time and they said it looks like there was an error putting the code through and they re did it for me and would take up to another 30 days to go through (after I pay for my third bill). I demanded to speak to a real person about getting a refund and about the bank charges they caused. I get through and he tells me the code wasn't put through on the store the day I got the phone but its gone through now and it could take up to 30 days so I would have to pay again, I was told I wouldn't be able to get a refund as there is no proof of them attempting to put the code through and there was pretty much nothing he could do. If this was going to happen I wouldn't have bothered! Every time I try to call the store that cocked up in the first place the phone just rings and rings. O2 you are useless and your customer service is apauling!
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are just customers here and are fully aware of the state of the customer service through live chat! (It's the future O2 think!)

Best thing to do is call customer services and discuss it with them. If there is no resolution then use the complaints service.
Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are just customers here and are fully aware of the state of the customer service through live chat! (It's the future O2 think!)

Best thing to do is call customer services and discuss it with them. If there is no resolution then use the complaints service.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Couldn't agree more! Customer service is non-existance. The call centre are a complete and utter waste of time. I have been charged 100's of pounds on roaming charges for calls I didn't make and impossible to make. The reason being most are a for a second or two and multiple calls to different numbers are logged at happning at exactly the same time. Impossible in practice! I have raised this issue with O2 chat since May and no one bothers to investigate and call centre keep fobbing me off. They won't even provide alternative contact address or number to raise the complaint with. Just had a enough and would encourage anyone to think again about subscribing to O2 services.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I called customer service and they were even less help than online. I'm going to try again though and see if someone else can be bothered to help.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Couldn't agree more! Customer service is non-existance. The call centre are a complete and utter waste of time. I have been charged 100's of pounds on roaming charges for calls I didn't make and impossible to make. The reason being most are a for a second or two and multiple calls to different numbers are logged at happning at exactly the same time. Impossible in practice! I have raised this issue with O2 chat since May and no one bothers to investigate and call centre keep fobbing me off. They won't even provide alternative contact address or number to raise the complaint with. Just had a enough and would encourage anyone to think again about subscribing to O2 services.

A simple search gives you this page.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref(user):str(RelatedHelp),CASE=46943

It's also at the bottom of every O2 page.

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same thing has happened to me, they are charging me for two calls to Canada and America, one for 83.00 pounds. I know I didn't make these cAlls but they keep fobbing me off saying that I had and the couldn't do anything.....I think this is pure cheek!
Message 6 of 6