Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 website

2O
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The website asks to help choosing a phone, great? so i fill in my requrements "all i want is a hot spot phone". the website says the Nokia 3310 but cheaper is the Alcatel 20.38 (£5). its nice and cheap so i buy. upon receiving, it does not have wifi let alone hot spot, it will cost £2+ to retern so i will keep as a spare phone, and buy from a better website. Idealy one that lets me complain via email. I realy just want O2 to improve the infomation on the website.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143440 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's always important to check the specs before you buy.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@2O I'm not defending the O2 site, but when the suggestions were made, why didn't you look up the specifications of each phone? It's easy enough to do using Google.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 10

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

In facf, the technical specs are on the website. I know because I looked at the full technical specs for the S10+ last night. I always do that before considering any new phone.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 143440 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

No mention of wifi on the O2 shop pages.

alc.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

2O
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you all for your input.

I did look up the spec as best i could on O2 website and else ware. Websites all use different terminology: Tethering or Hotspot for ex. some say if wifi is in the spec then that means it will work as a hot spot, others say only 4G will do (ie when i chatted to O2). I am new to this hot spot requirement. I am happy with the phone and could send it back if i was not. My reason for posting this issue is the hope O2 and others will improve the website experience even better than it is, given that the high street is dissapeaing.  visiting a human being in a shop may be the best idea.

Thank you all once again for your input Lets end this post it here 🙂

2O

Message 6 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

We are all customers here @2O, but I will tag our community admin in the hope that they might pass your comments on to the appropriate department. @Martin-O2@Marjo@EmilieT

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Cheers for the mention @Bambino.  

@2O Thanks for taking the time to feedback about your experience. I'll pass on your comments to the web team.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 10

2O
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well, I have just found the £2.50 reward added to my pay as you go balance, Just for posting my experience of using O2s website. That means the phone only cost me £2.50, an even better bargain than before. Its a better phone than i had before, although the battery is poor for a new basic phone, i knew that before i bought it from a rewiew on Argos. So I am impressed at the communications of O2 and the care they take of their customers. Thank you to all involved in this post, 2O.

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143440 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Bargain:)

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10