cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 to EE and visa versa messages not being sent or received

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've recently been experiencing issues with messages. Myself and a friend both have iphones but he's on EE and I'm on O2. I reguarly send him messages that never get received. I don't know if this is a general messages issue or an iPhone imessages issues. My messages say they have been delivered but this is clearly inaccurate. Has anyone else experienced this issue and if so what can we do to try and fix it??  If I phone O2 they'll probably say it's an EE issue. I do not have this issue with any other of my friends who have iPhones and have checked. It just concerning as I've missed some very important messages. When I turn my phone on and off thinking that might ping them through it doesn't work. All messages are sent with good signal and either connected to 3G or wifi. We have also been know to phone each other when we have signal but despite this it goes through to voicemail straight away.

Any help to resolve this extremely frustrating problem gratefully received. 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
iMessage is notoriously unreliable so you could try a reset by turning it off, rebooting phone and then turning iMessage back on again - It should then reactivate.
Otherwise, use whatsapp or something more reliable.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
iMessage is notoriously unreliable so you could try a reset by turning it off, rebooting phone and then turning iMessage back on again - It should then reactivate.
Otherwise, use whatsapp or something more reliable.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions

Not blocked you by accident?

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

definitely not blocked but good suggestion. It's just very ramdom, works one minute doesn't the next.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's iMessage all over
Message 5 of 5