cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 still charging for roaming

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all, so we have end of roaming charges from thursday. Finally I cn call home in Slovakia. Only to find a£40 bill!!!
I feel totally misled by O2s sms about roaming charges. Im 100% sure Im not going to b the only one here. I would not make these phone calls if I knew im gonna get charged!
So phone up O2 customer service to get offered £10 off my bill.
I wasnt happy at all and refused this.
What this end roaming means if not using my allowances within EU???
Is it like if I call Slovakia from France I pay zero and if I call from London Inget £40?
This is ridiculous!! Can someone please advice me how to get out of this? I genuinly was misled and had no bad intention
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Yeah, but it's when ROAMING which you aren't when in the UK.

I'm afraid you have not been misled at all, it's just that you have misunderstood.

I'd take the offer of £10 which they are in no way obliged to offer you and learn from your mistake.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

MI5 is totally correct

it clearly says what you can and what you can't use

making calls to EU from U.K. Is not included

What's not included?
Making calls or sending texts from the UK, to countries outside of the UK.
Making calls or sending texts to premium rate numbers, directory service numbers and some non-geographic numbers (which can vary over time). Find out more
Mobile broadband tariffs, as they can only be used in the UK.

all mobiles networks are the same all over the EU.

So for instance,  you are a O2 German customer and get bills from O2 Germany.  This doesn't mean that they can ring UK from Germany  for free now.  They will just be charged as this is classed as a international call from their Home country.

however you would be allowed to call UK for free if you have mins as you are Roaming and not on your home network. 

EU roaming is what it means,  Roaming in another EU than is different from your home network country , in your case o2 uk. this is all what the EU governing body created.  

More info is hear

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/roaming-in-europe

But it I would take the £10 as a good will gesture as to be honest they don't have to offer you anything and probably some other networks may not have offered u at all.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 3 of 3