Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 software updates on Galaxy S10

SamsungFanBoy
Level 13: Prompter
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
I've got to say that when I first got my handset direct from O2, I was worried about what would actually happen regarding software updates as I know that carriers add their own firmware to the devices and that can mean that updates take forever and a day to be issued.

That's not really happened with O2, I had a really bad experience with a Samsung flagship device directly from EE where the update would come through between 3 and 6 months after the unlocked variant got it which I found really frustrating and after that, I refused to upgrade directly through EE and started using third party sellers that only sold factory unlocked phones.

O2 have been really good with their updates and the most I've had to wait is a few weeks which is pretty good going!

I think there's definitely a lot of reasons to be an O2 customer over the rivals, they just seem to get things right. slight_smile
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Happy Friday @SamsungFanBoy ! Great to hear your positive feedback on this. Happy to pass it along to O2. slight_smile How are you liking the S10 otherwise?

Message 2 of 6

SamsungFanBoy
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
Yes other than the battery life. For this reason I'll be probably be going for a plus size model when I next upgrade my handset just for the bigger battery.
Message 3 of 6

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @SamsungFanBoy , sorry just getting back to the discussion after being off for a bit. Do you have any specific model in mind already or still looking? slight_smile I hear you about battery life, however I'm used to charging very often as I tend to play a lot of mobile games on full brightness, which obviously drains it super quick. tongue

Message 4 of 6

SamsungFanBoy
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
@Marjo I'll be sticking with Samsung, I never go with any other manufacturer anymore because whenever I have deviated away which I did once with the iPhone and another time with the HTC One, I've regretted it and always gone back to Samsung.

It'll be the plus size Galaxy S11 or something.

I have actually updated my S10 now, it's brilliant. I did have loads of problems when I did the update this morning though but I have managed to sort them out and my phone is running smoothly again.
Message 5 of 6

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@SamsungFanBoy You'll probably be keeping a very close eye on the Galaxy Unpacked event then? It's coming up soon! grin

Message 6 of 6