cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2's rubbish service is becoming legendary...

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I get this phone call from an 02 call centre. On Monday

The usual "are you happy" . and, Does anyone else in the house want to upgrade.

So I said yes, my partner does. Someone took all the details, and because he got the birthday date wrong, the order fell through. No word from 02, just cancell the order.

So my partner calls 02, because nothing is happening. Gets told the first order is cancelled. Would she like to try again. Yes, says she. Ever hopeful. Gerts on the line to a girl with a speed speaking problem...

Now, three days later, a text message to the land line phone that was unintelligable, and still no phone has arrived. And again, no word from 02 as to what's happening - or not happening.

Called 02, "Where's my phone?"

It will be there tonight between 6 and 10pm - It wasn't.

I can log in to the new phone account, and see the new number, and the contract COST.... very nice. BUT...

It's now Friday - one week since this nonsense was started, and my partner still has no new phone.

It's looking very much like something out of a Monty Python sketch.

Do you people seriously do business this way?

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous This is a customer to customer forum so no-one from O2 will see your post here. You need to get on the phone to customer services this morning and ask about the order. Don't use live chat as they couldn't help you (from your other post) http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous This is a customer to customer forum so no-one from O2 will see your post here. You need to get on the phone to customer services this morning and ask about the order. Don't use live chat as they couldn't help you (from your other post) http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 23

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Sorry to hear of your troubles. This is a customer forum so we can't review the account. Perhaps @Martin-O2 could help. You can also also register a complaint of you feel that strongly about the poor service. Www.O2.co.uk/contactus
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 3 of 23

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Call CS again and ask them to confirm the phone is in stock.
You should get an email (check junk folders) with tracking details when the phone is dispatched. You can then track the delivery on UKMail or DPD website.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Which is why I'm ranting. There has been no email confirming dispatch, either in ordinary mail or spam/junk etc. Nothing. No more email about anything. No messages, nada

Go to complaints? Probably take another week.

What will happen, is the initial contract will expire, and again be deleted.

as you say.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Message 5 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous It's fine to rant but please follow my advice about contacting customer services in the link I gave in my first post. Until you ring them you wont know what has happened to your order, whether the phone has been dispatched or is even in stock..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 23

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
As we have said, we can't help you and can only sympathise.
Please call CS again to check the status and stock levels.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 23

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous Rant here all you like. Sometimes it's good to do that, but the only way you're going to get this resolved is to call customer service again, as you have been advised to do. Should you still not get a result, you'll need to take it to the next stage and lodge a formal complaint. This is the direct link: http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Already done so, got cut off from live chat, also advised to send an email which I did only to receive a reply saying that the email address I had been given was one which was not checked, automatics response! Also spoken to Ofcom.
Message 9 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous If you have problems with live chat it is always better to speak to someone  202 for contract and 4445 for payg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 23