cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2's Daylight Robbery FTAO Their Staff.

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I received my mobile upgrade from Virgin - circa November 2012 - I put my Virgin sim in my new phone and my O2 sim in my Blackberry. I had plenty of O2 credit. However, O2 used it all up for nothing by deducting £1 a day from it for me to use the internet or whatever - which I never did; nor did I ask to do.

You at O2 must be able to see all this under my O2 mobile phone number. I want that money refunded to my phone because, otherwise, it is simply what I have called it in the title of this thread, O2's Daylight Robbery!

Message 1 of 111
110 REPLIES 110

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Im sure we can relate to that one slight_smile

No I do agree on that count. I often wonder how often "charges" are added just to see what else they can get.

( I vaguely remeber AT&T getting done for somthing simular fairly recently)

Edit: its called "cramming"(original I know:D) apparently quite a widespread issue.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 81 of 111

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Wait a minute. @petal, on page 7 of this thread you said:

'When I transfered from Orange to O2, I was unable to access the internet. It cost me £7.30 on their customer help line to get it set up and working.

So yes, O2 can be expected and do default payg to data off, and at a cost of £7.30 to get it working, I feel I was robbed.'

But on the previous page you said:

'No, this is O2 setting all the defaults in their favour, and never to the customers benefit.

The OP is right, he/she has been robbed.

The better situation would have been to have had the network access disabled, until the customer requested it to be enabled.'

Which is it then? You can't have it both ways.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 82 of 111

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's going round in circles & getting very silly, @toby or chiara please lock this thread
Message 83 of 111

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

@Wait a minute. @Anonymous, on page 7 of this thread you said:

'When I transfered from Orange to O2, I was unable to access the internet. It cost me £7.30 on their customer help line to get it set up and working.

So yes, O2 can be expected and do default payg to data off, and at a cost of £7.30 to get it working, I feel I was robbed.'

But on the previous page you said:

'No, this is O2 setting all the defaults in their favour, and never to the customers benefit.

The OP is right, he/she has been robbed.

The better situation would have been to have had the network access disabled, until the customer requested it to be enabled.'

Which is it then? You can't have it both ways.

Of course I can have it both ways, I was unable to access the internet straight away, and the OP was.

The point I was making is that O2 can have it disabled initially if they so wish, but in the OP's case they did not, and generally I find that where there is an option, they will typically do it in their favour.

We are not talking absolutes here, but typical actions.

Message 84 of 111

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is set up in the phone as the manufacturers wanted it as factory issued O2 don't have any input to the default settings of phones themselves, just accounts
Message 85 of 111

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
It is set up in the phone as the manufacturers wanted it as factory issued O2 don't have any input to the default settings of phones themselves, just accounts

What you say is correct, however any provider can control what access a user has at anytime, otherwise we would all have internet access for free.

Message 86 of 111

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I would recommend you do a bit of homework and learn something about phones and networks and how they operate before making these ridiculous accusations.

All the networks in the world operate in much the same way very successfully, why should anything be changed because you don't understand what you are doing?

If people were to come here or ask elsewhere for help before getting themselves in a fix they would be properly advised and not make these mistakes in the first place.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 87 of 111

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

Quite an entertaining read this slight_smile

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 88 of 111

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

I would recommend you do a bit of homework and learn something about phones and networks and how they operate before making these ridiculous accusations.

All the networks in the world operate in much the same way very successfully, why should anything be changed because you don't understand what you are doing?

If people were to come here or ask elsewhere for help before getting themselves in a fix they would be properly advised and not make these mistakes in the first place.

Perhaps if people weren't so patronised when they came onto these forums, then they might be more inclined to seek advice.

I have a perfectly sound knowledge of mobile phones and networks, and none of my comments have been of a technically critical nature, they have been aimed at the very poor customer service provided by O2, and their very poor way of dealing with customers. It would however appear you are a victim of the blinkers of prejudice, as in your eyes it would appear that O2 can do no wrong.

As for your comment that "All the networks in the world operate in much the same way very successfully, why should anything be changed because you don't understand what you are doing?" it is about the most arrogant comment you have made, there is always room for change, to give the customer a better experience, and to increase efficiency and profitability for the company concerned.

Message 89 of 111

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

So you think all phones should be supplied with data disabled, that's the silliest thing I've heard here?

I'll leave you to your misapprehensions as I don't think you will ever understand.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 90 of 111