cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2’s 5G new location delay due COVID-19 !!???

BigDaddyUK
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 148 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2’s 5G rollout will continue to reach customers, with a plan to reach a total of 50 locations by summer 2020. We’re currently busy planning our 5G rollout in the following: Aberdeen, Birkenhead, Blackpool, Brighton, Bournemouth, Cambridge, Eton, Guildford, Hove, Kingston upon Hull, Milton Keynes, Newbury, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Reading, Southampton, Sunderland, Warrington, Windsor and Wolverhampton.

Many people have ordered new 5G phones thinking about 5G availability this summer! But now there is a problem with the COVID-19 virus in the world. 😞
Is there any information, everything is going according to plan or there will be delays with the new 5G cities !! ???

| Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 5G 12/512Gb | Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro Soon |
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Just been launched here (Coventry) so I don't think there are any delays.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

BigDaddyUK
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 148 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello. 

Any news about 5G in Kingston upon Hull on 02.05.2020 !?

Message 3 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@BigDaddyUK 

Only @Chris_K  would know that.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 14

BigDaddyUK
  • 148 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We will wait for  @Chris_K 

More info
pray
Message 5 of 14

BigDaddyUK
  • 148 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Is @Chris_K on Holiday!? slight_smile No one answered...
Message 6 of 14

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@BigDaddyUK wrote:
Is @Chris_K on Holiday!? slight_smile No one answered...

Sorry for the delay - I had indeed taken a few days off at short notice.

Right now our key worker network engineers are focused on the most important thing, which is keeping our network running and keeping customers connected during COVID-19.

Where it is safe and manageable for us to do so, we are continuing our work and this would include adding new technologies, such as 5G, to our network.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 7 of 14

BigDaddyUK
  • 148 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I realized that I didn’t understand anything ! :))))

I took a new contract on the basis that before the end of summer 2020 we will have 5G in our city !! Just answer please: Yes or NO !!! Thank.

Message 8 of 14

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11959 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions
At the moment o2 have said they have stopped installing new 5G masts because of the Covid issue, and because of the work required to maintain the current network.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 14

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@BigDaddyUK wrote:

I realized that I didn’t understand anything ! :))))

I took a new contract on the basis that before the end of summer 2020 we will have 5G in our city !! Just answer please: Yes or NO !!! Thank.

I'm afraid it's not that simple. As you mentioned in your first post, Covid-19 is causing issues for people and businesses across the world, and the UK is only now starting to take steps to get us back to some kind of normality. Our engineers primary focus is on ensuring our network has the capacity and functionality to keep Britain connected during this time. Our regional network teams and local engineers are key workers and are out in the field ensuring our network remains connected.

This can be challenging in the current climate because as you may have seen in the news over the past couple of months, mobile networks across the world and in the UK are experiencing levels of vandalism not seen before, as conspiracy theorists continue to vandalise and damage network infrastructure, so we're doing all we can to minimise this disruption for our customers.

We are still continuing with our 5G roll-out where it is safe and easy for us to do so and we have the necessary permissions, but we're unable to provide any specific dates on when 5G will go live in a specific location.

Hopefully we'll have some news to share soon, but in the meantime we ask for patience and understanding while our network engineers face challenging conditions, and continue to do everything they can to keep our nation and our customers connected.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 10 of 14