Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 roaming - speed test results

GJD
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 101 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thought I might start a thread where people can post their speed test results when roaming, given last summer's debacle. It's been great for me so far.

Was at Prague airport on 22 June 2018 and got 82Mbps up / 25 down on O2 CZ.

Now in the city centre of Gijón, Asturias, NW Spain and got this on Movistar.

Gijón, 30 June 2018

Doing a tour around the coast into Galicia and then to Madrid so I'll post from other locations. Maybe others might join in? 

Message 1 of 65
64 REPLIES 64

Jojolo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I moved to O2 last month and my family travel to Florida a couple of times a year so opted for a travel inclusive tariff.

Arrived in the Fort Lauderdale a few days ago and sadly disappointed with the ‘4G’ so far. Very slow speeds generally. I’m now in Orlando and have had messages not sending, calls not connecting etc. My husband is still on EE and his service is far better as expected, but I hoped O2 might have improved!! I transferred my teenage kids to O2 as well to make use of the family plan/travel inclusive offer..and they have not been amused by the very slow 4G! Snapchat doesn’t work at all and everything else is unreliable/slow loading.

Not impressed. Just ran a speedcheck in our villa in Kissimmee....and results were awful: 0.50 /0.45 Mpbs download/upload. My husband has the same phone as me but is on EE and his was 49 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload!!

We have WiFi in our villa and will make do but it’s certainly a massive difference in service compared to EE.

I wanted to try 3 but I have no service at all in my home in the UK so didn’t go for them (although I’m not sure if they are better in the US).
Message 61 of 65

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Jojolo sadly its well documented that outside the EU O2's roaming offering is poor with speed restrictions heavily applied.

For US we would recommend getting a 3 SIM card (even Pay as you go) and using this
Message 62 of 65

Svenson
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 40 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Svenson
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 40 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Message 64 of 65