cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 open discount on iPad air2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

I've done some searching around this discussion borad and found a few posts that suggest that the O2 Open Discount has been given on the iPad Air 2

I've just had a text from O2 to say that " the iPad 2 and iPad Mini 3 are not currently eligible", despite the staff at the Birmingham Bull Ring store saying it would be

There's nothing in the O2 Open T&Cs that say that certain products are excluded

Given that I have three phone contracts with O2 and that my son and I signed up for two iPad Airs last Saturday, I expected a little more in respect of customer retention effort (or was that my first mistake?...)

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

N

Message 1 of 25
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous ,

Unfortunately the message is right... those are also excluded, for now, same as the IPhone 6. They will more than likely be available in a few months time but not now 😞

Message 4 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

FAQs page is https://o2open.co.uk/O2Open/servlets/ShowFAQ

"Are there any exceptions?
We don’t include iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, Pay & Go, any non O2 Refresh tariffs or business accounts in the O2 Open scheme."

I would call O2 customer services just to clarify.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Message 2 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143420 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

It's only the iPhone 6 as far as I am aware that is not included.....?

@Toby @Anonymous can you confirm please?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @Anonymous ,

Unfortunately the message is right... those are also excluded, for now, same as the IPhone 6. They will more than likely be available in a few months time but not now 😞

Message 4 of 25

MI5
  • 143420 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Thanks rosadosc, even if it is bad news 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Damn, and indeed, blast....

TBH, its not a huge issue, just an irritation. IIRC, the discount only applied to the airtime contract, which was only a tenner a month (but even after the discount it was roughly the same cost as my existing airtime contract on my iPad 1 with Three)

I think I'm justified in not having seen the O2Open FAQs (didn't even know they existed) but its unforgiveable for the shop staff not to be aware. The girl that dealt with us on Saturday was otherwise very knowledgable of the O2 systems.

Thanks for the swift replies folks

Message 6 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

You are quite correct that the store staff should have been aware of these exceptions or at least find out by their own support pages.
Message 7 of 25

MI5
  • 143420 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're welcome and sorry it wasn't better news for you 😞

Currently using:
Message 8 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm back....

insult has just been added to injury....

When I originally went into the O2 shop, I asked about the special offer on iPads for existing O2 customers - I'd logged on to "My O2" to check my tarrifs on my contracts and I'd noticed an offer of "up to £83.99 off the up-front cost"

When I visited the branch, they claimed this offer had finished, and steered me towards the O2 Open discount instead (and for which privilege, I paid the £50 up-front cost of the iPad)

I've just checked that my Mobile Broadband tarrif has been set up correctly which it has, even though it shows me a "last bill" from one of the mobile contracts....) - and guess what's there - yup, an offer of up to £83.99 off the up-front cost of an Ipad

Very happy with my shiny new iPad - much less happy with having forked out £100 (my son and I bought an iPad each - we could have done both on my account and saved a decent chunk of cash)

If there's anyone reading this thread from O2 customer services, I would suggest they call me, otherwise someone at the Birmingham branch is going to have to deal with me when I get there on Saturday lunchtime

Message 9 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Perhaps @Toby @Anonymous or @Marjo who are O2 site staff can assist.

Or Private Message them by hitting their highlighted names I've just added.
Message 10 of 25