cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 network problem oxfordshire

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since Wednesday the O2 network has been down in the OX14 postcode.

All my friends who are on O2 are having the same problem in that they are not receiving texts and any outgoing calls i make sounds scrambled the other end. Anyone who tries to call me goes straight to voicemail

Does anyone have any information as this is beyond ridiculous now. Apparently it is top of O2's priority list to sort but they seem to be taking a long time over it
thanks,
Richard
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Their is a problem there and they will be working on it.
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I, and a few friends, have also been having the same problem. We also live in the OX14 area. Last Saturday, we were all in the pub trying to phone each other to test them, and were all glad it was not our phones that were going wrong.

SO

Just wondered if there is any update to this problem, and also - will 3G be improved in the area, as it seem to be virtually non exisitant.
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
The network isn't entirely down in my part of Oxfordshire (OX9) however, I've been experiencing similar problems, of calls breaking down or on connection being completely distorted and scrambled, calls going straight to voicemail and my phone not ringing, delayed texts and voicemails for months now! O2 don't seem to be able to find a fault here though. I hope things are sorted for you soon.
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Guys (and Girls?), your best reporting issues like this to customer services and giving the following information (not in order)

2 or 3G
Full post code
Any other people on O2 you know affected (mobile numbers are good ;))
Type of fault (brief but accurate description of fault)
Does it change when you move to a different area
Length of time (rough start date) fault has been an issue

Basically the more faults raised in one area the more information that O2 has to find the issue and fix it, if its not reported then it cannot be fixed 😞
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
o2 don't need anymore examples of this fault, they are aware of it and the engineers are working on a fix.
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, but if only one person reported it then they wouldnt bother fixing it!.

I have called them twice recently and the last time, both verbally and then by email I was told there is NO issues with the network in OX14 and that my phone was at fault and I should take it back to the shop. This even after I explained i have two phones on o2 and both have the same issue.

I understand things break down but this will be week tomorrow since it started. its ok to say "were working on it" but how long does we wait
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been battling with O2 for months trying to get them to acknowledge there is a problem! I've done all of what you listed Tonyb1968, sadly they either won't pass it to the Network team, as they say it's been going on too long to be a fault, not enough people are complaining to them about it, or they've sent an engineer out who hasn't found a problem, well clearly there is!

I've just tried my phone from a landline, three times out of five it would not ring, with five full bars of signal, O2's response is still, try another phone and SIM card replacement, I'm on phone number three and SIM card number three, and it makes no difference!

I don't think anything is broken enough for them to see it as a specific fault in my case, I think it's just stretched to capacity, so when tested shows it is working. It's what I believe is a case of under investment in the network being overtaken by the amount of smartphones sold on the network and data usage exceeding their expectations and network capacity.
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been battling with O2 for months trying to get them to acknowledge there is a problem! I've done all of what you listed Tonyb1968, sadly they either won't pass it to the Network team, as they say it's been going on too long to be a fault, not enough people are complaining to them about it, or they've sent an engineer out who hasn't found a problem, well clearly there is!
I've just tried my phone from a landline, three times out of five it would not ring, with five full bars of signal, O2's response is still, try another phone and SIM card replacement, I'm on phone number three and SIM card number three, and it makes no difference!
I don't think anything is broken enough for them to see it as a specific fault in my case, I think it's just stretched to capacity, so when tested shows it is working. It's what I believe is a case of under investment in the network being overtaken by the amount of smartphones sold on the network and data usage exceeding their expectations and network capacity.

It is a known fault and they are working on it.
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, so this is the response i got back LAST NIGHT:

Your location with the postcode OX14 does show good coverage on our
online coverage predictor. However, the map does show a prediction of
coverage rather than a true measurement. This is because Geographical
and structural features are not taken into account so the actual
coverage experience can vary.
We currently don't have any network coverage problems in your area with
the postcode OX14. This is the reason I'm unable to tell you why
you're getting no coverage on your iPhone in that area.

See what i mean, I know there's a problem, so do all my friends, so do all you guys on here. I think they are in denial and just keep sending a stock answer
Message 10 of 15