cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 mast down in W10 4DN

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Not quite sure if this is the right place to post this but I'll try anyway.

For almost two weeks now I have terrible reception on my mobile phone. After consulting the O2 Service Status tool on your website I got the following response:

Sorry, there's a mast near you that isn't working due to fire damage. We`re working to fix the problem.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

This was two weeks ago. When will this issue be adressed and the necessary repairs made?

Regards,

Stefan

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122772 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous O2 never give timescales on repairs to masts. It is dependent on so many factors. If you download the app you can get updates there and also disagree with any info.. if updates arent happening http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
No one here knows the answer as O2 never publish timescales.
All you can do is use the link on the status page to request updates. Sorry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122772 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous O2 never give timescales on repairs to masts. It is dependent on so many factors. If you download the app you can get updates there and also disagree with any info.. if updates arent happening http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Cleoriff, I will have a look.

Message 4 of 17

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

O2 won't give timescales but you can register for updates on the status page. Repairs take in many factors such as access permission, parts, weather and workload etc. All you can do is keep checking and use TuGo at home if you are contract.

Message 5 of 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23040 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

Apart from all the factors @jonsie mentioned, O2 actually saying that there was fire damage must mean that what happened was fairly major. It doesn't help your situation, but at least you know that they have acknowledged the problem and are working on it. It's not in O2's interest to see customers without service.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 17

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I'm sure there could be a wee apology in store when it's all up and running. @Toby, what disaster recovery options are available to O2. Network share with a rival network?
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 7 of 17

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@Curr946 wrote:
I'm sure there could be a wee apology in store when it's all up and running. @Toby, what disaster recovery options are available to O2. Network share with a rival network?

You think? Very doubtful a store will apologise and I've never known O2 to mast share when there's a damaged mast. They have however been known to erect a temporary mast though they seem to be saved for music festivals and sporting events.

Message 8 of 17

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

"Hello, is that EE?"

"Alright matey, it's Ronan from O2. Yeah we've got a mast down in xx area and all our customers are getting annoyed and some are leaving us to join you haha. Anyway, was just wondering if we can piggyback on your mast for a bit? Sound ok fella?

Message 9 of 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23040 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

LOL

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 17