cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 lost my iphone and then charged me for it

Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent my iphone back to O2 recycle - they'd been rather aggressively mailing me to do this from the moment I ordered my new Iphone 6S. I used their prepaid packaging and it disappeared in the mail. They say 'tough' we 'advise' you to pay for tracking. 

Then, the contract people, about a month after they lost the phone, send a letter to tell me that under the terms of my new contract I actually have to return it to them, otherwise they charge me for it. This is the first I've heard of it (and I've been a customer for years). Of course, take out the magnifying glass and in 2 point size on the econtract it does indeed say this. 

I speak to customer service - on various types of hold for an hour - ultimately they say 'there's nothing we can do - can I help you with anything else' Help I say, you've been no help at all. I say I'm leaving, they merely point out the contract runs to 2017. 

'Customer service' pah - there's only the small print, the money and some robots to tell you 'sorry, computer says no'

I don't suppose Vodafone can be any worse. I'll find out in 2017 I expect. 

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Feel for you mate but if I return or send a valuable item anywhere I send it recorded delivery and take a photo before I post it so I have evidence of the condition and a signature. It's also insured that way by Royal Mail.

Your claim is against them not o2....

Message 2 of 40

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Wonder if apple can tell you where it was last turned on?
Message 3 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's not how I see it. If a company has a returns procedure and supplies packaging, I expect it to work. It does with pretty much every other company I deal with - John Lewis, Net A Porter, M&S. It's a cop-out for O2 to lay the blame with the post office when a phone goes missing. They should have a proceedure in place to reinburse customers when they get 'lost'

Message 4 of 40

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

No I'm afraid not. Your issue is with the people delivering your package, procedure or not. Anyone can claim the company concerned has lost the item. If someone sends you an item in the mail who is responsible if you don't receive it, you or the royal mail?

Message 5 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm afraid yes, this is a customer service issue. O2's recycle system doesn't work. 

Message 6 of 40

MI5
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you feel wronged you can follow the complaints procedure but without any proof you may not (in o2's opinion) have even posted the phone yet http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've retired from exercises in futility when it comes to O2. I'm just sharing my experience for the greater good

Message 8 of 40

MI5
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Fair enough - It's a useful lesson to anyone else in the future.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's it, 'yesterday I was an O2 customer, now I'm a cautionary tale' - to paraphrase Jerry Maguire

Message 10 of 40