cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 is essentially robbing me!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been on a two year contract with O2 now for almost three years.

How?

O2 made an error with the year of expiry for my contract. Thus I was unable to end my contract on the correct end date. They therefore continued to take money out of my account all the while insisting I had one more year on a contract that I had already been cheated into taking (but that is another story altogether).

In April I finally get through to someone on an online chat who discovers the error and offers me a lousy one month of credit as they were unable to help return to me the four months of money O2 had already cheated me out of due to their error. I asked that my contract be cancelled immediately, that I receive the one month credit so as to give me time to contact those in charge to return my money back.

Now three months later, money is still coming out of my account, my contract was not cancelled and I was not given any sort of credit!

I am now at a loss for what to do and am seeking advice. Being a business customer, I am unable to speak to anyone in store, online chats are not always available, and I work during the day, meaning I am unable to spend hours on hold waiting to talk to customer service, which seems to be the only option given to business customers. I would like to keep any correspondence with O2 in a written form and welcome any suggestions.

It is unbelievable that O2 can take so much money off customers each month and then fail to provide the customer service they deserve! I feel cheated and robbed and I do not wish to stand for this any longer!

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Contact them on 202 from your phone to discuss.

If they mess about over the cancellation of your account, threaten legal action, that usually scares them into action.

Threatening legal action will do absolutely nothing. Do not advise people to do that. There is a complaints procedure to follow. The OP can make a written complaint. Take a look here:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28user%29:str%28RelatedHelp%29,CASE=46943

Any small claim under £5,000 will cost you money. You cannot recover solicitor's fees if the claim is for less than that amount. There are arbitration services that are free that will deal with small claims, but the procedures have to be followed or the complaint will not be looked at.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

If they mess about over the cancellation of your account, threaten legal action, that usually scares them into action.

Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Threatening legal action will do absolutely nothing. Do not advise people to do that. There is a complaints procedure to follow. The OP can make a written complaint. Take a look here:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28user%29:str%28RelatedHelp%29,CASE=46943

Any small claim under £5,000 will cost you money. You cannot recover solicitor's fees if the claim is for less than that amount. There are arbitration services that are free that will deal with small claims, but the procedures have to be followed or the complaint will not be looked at.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Bambino is right, you need to make a formal complaint using the O2 Complaint Review Service, legal action would be a waste of time and effort.

You won't "scare" O2 into anything.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Also business c/s is 8002 not 202 unless you are with a partner then you have to deal with the partner and not o2.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nush and Welcome to the Community Forum,

What a nightmare your experiencing with this !

You've been given some great advice already from members I see.

I really hope the 02 Departments resolve this and return any monies owed to you.

Are you still using the bundles of minutes/texts and data that's included with this tariff ?

Here is a really useful link to Companies CEO e mail addressess which I have made use of in the past. Its an avenue if you see fit.

(Link removed due to personal info)

Message 6 of 6