cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 have taken my broken phone and swapped it with a replacement that has someone else's data

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have several phones with O2, and am so sorry that I even bothered to get one from them!

After various issues over the past 6 months, I'm now at my wits end.

One of my phones was damaged, so I used the insurance service I pay for, and sent the phone off. After only 2 days a replacement was despatched, only problem is, it wasn't working, not only that, it is clearly a refurbished phone, as it has the original owners data still on it, they haven't bothered to wipe the phone clean.

I've tried evry possible avenue, but O2 refuse to accept that in order to keep me happy, as I have no faith in them they need to send me a new phone, not a second hand one.

They only want to get the hands back on the phone I have, as they have clearly committed a breach of privacy and data regulations, but aren't prepared to amend their processes to do so.

Where do I go next, the press? 

Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to see you got this resolved.

Thank you for making us aware that the insurance terms are for refurbished models. I shall go check my T&Cs now.

Also, I think that you were in the right to demand a new phone.

The refurbished model supplied was clearly not fit for purpose. The refurbishment not of an acceptable standard. How can you have any faith in a further replacement. That should be made clear to the ombudsman.

Well done for sticking to your guns.

Message 61 of 62

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
.... By going to apple...
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 62 of 62