cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 have gone downhill!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a contract in my mums name and in sept paid off what o2 told me i owed (50 pound) and opened a new contact in my name and transfered my number. She asked me to cancel my direct debits for my old contract straight away so i did. Now they are telling me that after i paid what was owed in my mums name there is now further money to be owed? So after i paid what was owing and cancelling the contract and transfering the number across how can money keep getting added to a now none existing contract? I went to make a call and they had cut me off So i phoned them! After speaking to them on 3 different occasions and all 3 advisors telling me i still owed money i asked them to listen to the "recorded calls" i had made to them as the first advisor told me i was up to date with payment and asked for someone to call me back with why i was misinforme.i waited for a call back for four days and i never recieved they just decided to cut of my contract AGAIN! I phoned and explained again and spoke to someone who at the time i thought was helpful she told me i did owe money but because of them telling me the wrong information at first she was squashing the amount owing! I have been cut off 3 times since this all resulting in me calling them and being told that they was in the wrong and reconnecting me. I then had to pay a further charge of 19 pound something that i had build up by being abroad and was told this may be the reason i was getting cut off. He guarenteed me (his words) everything was settled and that was the end of it! Wednesday i got cut off again! By this time i was angry but kept my cool! I spoke to a lady who told me i owed a further 25 pound .. i asked to speak to a manager and that i would hold for one as last time nobody called me back. She placed me on hold for 15/20 minutes and came back on the phone and told me she had rechecked my notes and can see my problem and that she would transfer me to the billing dept who could squash this and reconnect me. When i was put through he told me there was a 15 pound reconnection fee .. i dont think so!! Anyway he read my notes and told me i didnt have to pay the reconnection fee as it wasnt down to me that i had been disconnected and guarented me on wednesday that this is the end of it and i am now actually in credit and wont have no more problems! (He also told me hes worked there for 10 years and never seen a case like this and didnt know what they was doing!) My mum recieved a letter today to say that we owe money and the phone will be disconnected! I again Called them wasnt helpful at all .. the lady said i owed 25 pounds so i asked to speak to her manager. She put me straight through. HE told me none of my notes from previous calls says that i was promised i didnt have to pay it and that i still owed and i am getting confused as it isnt about my existing contract, the money owed is the one that was in my mums name! (Obviously i know this) he was very patronising and told me that its a totally different account that has no links (if this is the case why are they cutting my phone off and why have other staff members told me that this is the reason there cutting me off?)! Asked to speak to someone higher and was told there is no1 higher than him (he is a line manager so thats a lie). He then told me i owed 9 pound. I asked why the lady previous to him told me it was 25 and he couldnt answer just said i have 14 pound something credit. Didnt want to let me talk jist kept telling me i owed the money! This call ended with him telling me he was terminating the call and putting the phone down on me (great management skills) yes i did get fustrated in the phone but who wouldnt!! Im clearly going to have to take this further and go through other ways than speaking to 7/8 different people when i call and getting different, wrong and very unhelpfull answers off your under trained staff!! So for the sake of what started as 25 pound which has now someone turned into 9 pound they have lost a valued customer who has been with you about 10 years as once this contract is over never will i use you again! Sorry for the rant but ive never been so appauled at a companys behaviour before! Quick to take the money .. no customer service skills whatso ever between them!!!
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous. Firstly I have to tell you this is a customer to customer forum.(in case you thought you were writing to O2 directly) Your case sounds very complicated and from what I read it all seems to have gone wrong from the point you took over your own contract which was in your Mums name. However we have no access to your account so can only guess. Someone at O2 needs to take control of this for you and sort it out once and for all.

However you can complain via this link http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain 

I hope it gets sorted soon for you. Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous. Firstly I have to tell you this is a customer to customer forum.(in case you thought you were writing to O2 directly) Your case sounds very complicated and from what I read it all seems to have gone wrong from the point you took over your own contract which was in your Mums name. However we have no access to your account so can only guess. Someone at O2 needs to take control of this for you and sort it out once and for all.

However you can complain via this link http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain 

I hope it gets sorted soon for you. Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143424 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Google for the CEO's email address and write to his office too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

They blocked your new account because the number had been transferred across. It's the number that's blocked. 

Totally unacceptable and bad advice to cancel your direct debit immediately.  Definitely email the ceo, give a daytime contact number and it will be much quicker than the formal complaint which is usually 7-10 working days. 

Message 4 of 5

Stingray2k
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Send copies to the Hague 

Message 5 of 5