Did you mean: 

O2 failure to get the handset delivered

garybb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Wow!!

o2 are not interested in the fact that DPD have failed to deliver my handset for a week now! They will be when I cancel my DD as I wont pay for what I don't have.

I have wasted hours on O2 chat and holding waiting to speak to dpd, I will now be refusing the hanset, presuming delivery is ever attempted, and running the contract down then go else where.

I can't understand O2 who say the contract is done at their end, its not - its there responsibilty to make sure the phone gets to me. Please use a more competent delivery service.

AS a comparion, I took out a contract for my wife and the phone (Apple XS) was delivere to a neighbour the next day after a friendly text exchange. That phone is worth 5 times more what dpd are not attempting to get to me!!

Rubbish service from O2 and dpd. Well, thats me gone O2

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @garybb

You are quite correct. It is O2's responsibility to ensure the phone is delivered to you. It's not up to you to chase up couriers.

I would advise not to cancel the direct debit yet, as that will result in a black mark on your credit file.

Continue your contact with O2 customer services and when you eventually receive the phone you can return it under the change of mind policy

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Best time to call is around 8.30am. Live chat are notoriously unable to help with account queries.

I'll mention our admin @Martin-O2  @Marjo  @EmilieT  to see if they are able to help you.

Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @garybb, sorry to hear that there's been a delay with your handset delivery. 😞 Were you able to get anymore information about the delivery from customer service as adviced above? Let us know if you get stuck and we can find someone who can look into this on our end.

Cheers for the advice above @Cleoriff and @jonsie for the tag. thumbsup

Message 4 of 4