Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 device plan is a SCAM!,

Ebritton14
Level 3: Thinker
  • 59 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

So guys if any of you ordered an iPhone XS Max brand new when they were released, make sure you weren't overcharged!! I was overcharged by £158 as the retail of my version was £1249 at the time on Apple themselves, however the device plan was £1407.99 on o2 which they have refused to rectify. I have put in a complaint to o2 which will hopefully be sorted, but did threaten them with the ombudsman, which they got scared of and assured me o2s complaints would get a good outcome. So check!! If you have a Xs Max 256gb check you were not charged over 1249. Or at most any more than 1300!!!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Ebritton14
Level 3: Thinker
  • 59 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Heard back from the complaints, basically, they said since that’s the price they paid for the phone which makes no sense surely if they are bulk buying it’s cheaper???? But because that’s the price o2 paid, they won’t do anything. It’s fine it’s them who’s loosing a customer when it comes to upgrade time next year, and the year after for another line.
Message 11 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Exactly as expected. You will more than likely find that most networks charge over the RRP and it does pay to check when renewing or taking out a contract with any of them.

Message 12 of 12