Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 deposit

MercedesE320CDi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I've recently took out a contract with O2 and had to pay a deposit as I've been working abroad for a few years, (fair enough).

I was told that the deposit would be refunded back to my bank account after the 3rd payment was successfully made, (which it has).

On speaking to 2 different people at O2 I've received conflicting information, so I'm hoping I can get clarification on here prior to me ringing again.

The 1st agent, explained that a few days after the 3rd payment was received I could call back and arrange for the deposit £125 to be paid back onto the card within 5 to 10 working days, ( again all seems fair and acceptable).

On calling back as instructed to arrange the refund I'm now told I have to wait until the next bill is generated before I can request this.

Can anyone assist with this, the amount isn't a lot however the principal stands and it is my money not O2.

Regards
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Please keep us posted on this @MercedesE320CDi and let me know if you need any further assistance. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 21 of 27

MercedesE320CDi
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

appreciated

Message 22 of 27

MercedesE320CDi
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, quick update

Had a call today ref my email complaint from a Nathan from Executive Relations.

he confirmed that i had been given conflicting information, and assured me that my deposit refund has been processed and that it will be in my bank in 3 - 7 working days. I was also offerred a credit to my account for the inconvienece casued.

i did specify though the the website url below, should be changed to reflect that the credit will show on generation of the 4th bill

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

lets see what happens

thanks to all who has inputted on this thread

regards

Tom

Message 23 of 27

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

That sounds promising @MercedesE320CDi! Please keep us updated on this one. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 24 of 27

MercedesE320CDi
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all

deposit finally paid back, and a £30 credit for complaining

i see the website has not been updated as yet, however i will continue to chase this

again, thanks all for your help and advice

Message 25 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good news @MercedesE320CDi Worth it in the end then...wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 27

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for letting us know @MercedesE320CDi! Any further issues let us know. wink

signature

Message 27 of 27