Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 deposit

MercedesE320CDi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I've recently took out a contract with O2 and had to pay a deposit as I've been working abroad for a few years, (fair enough).

I was told that the deposit would be refunded back to my bank account after the 3rd payment was successfully made, (which it has).

On speaking to 2 different people at O2 I've received conflicting information, so I'm hoping I can get clarification on here prior to me ringing again.

The 1st agent, explained that a few days after the 3rd payment was received I could call back and arrange for the deposit £125 to be paid back onto the card within 5 to 10 working days, ( again all seems fair and acceptable).

On calling back as instructed to arrange the refund I'm now told I have to wait until the next bill is generated before I can request this.

Can anyone assist with this, the amount isn't a lot however the principal stands and it is my money not O2.

Regards
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Previous experience has shown that after the 3rd bill has been paid (and your account shows a £0 balance) you can call and ask for the deposit to be returned.
Some have had this refunded directly, while others have it returned as a credit to their account (meaning no bills to pay for a number of months).
Examples below:
1 - https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Deposit/td-p/1123825
2 - https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/how-do-i-get-my-deposit-back/td-p/186106
3 - https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-Feedback/Deposit-Refund/td-p/1050155

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
If you take a bill credit it won’t appear on your account until the 4th bill is generated but transfer to you bank can be requested now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 27

MercedesE320CDi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Lol, just rang CS, explained that I'd like the deposit refunded to my bank account rather than a bill credit, to be told that I have to wait till the 4th successfull bill payment.

I just laughed and put the phone down. It really is a lottery
Message 4 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@MercedesE320CDi wrote:
Lol, just rang CS, explained that I'd like the deposit refunded to my bank account rather than a bill credit, to be told that I have to wait till the 4th successfull bill payment.

I just laughed and put the phone down. It really is a lottery

Totally agree @MercedesE320CDi  If you have paid all your bills on time without exception... then the deposit should be returned after that... Moving the goal posts it seems

@Martin-O2@Marjo@EmilieT  are we aware of another change to O2 systems/ terms and conditions?

Normally it always has been after three months of successful on time payments a deposit will be refunded (which will hit your bank or credit after 3 months) It never has been a wait for 4 successful bill payments?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 27

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
That's rubbish.
@Martin-O2 can you help at all?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 27

jonsie
  • 93218 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Four months now? Since when? My understanding has always been that after 3 on-time/in full payments a credit was applied to the account when the 4th bill was generated. At this point you could then request the credit be returned to your account.

Message 7 of 27

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for jumping in on this on guys! smiling

@MercedesE320CDi I'm sure we can get this sorted out for you. I'll need a few details so that someone can take a look at your account. I'll send you a private message so we can discuss. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 27

MercedesE320CDi
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Martin, PM replied to

regards

tom

Message 9 of 27

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@MercedesE320CDi wrote:

Martin, PM replied to

regards

tom

Thanks! I've replied too. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 27