Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Discussions and Feedback

Topics: 113

Re: O2 customer details being leaked???

@Anonymous wrote:
Also look at where the email has originated from;:

test@sipav.org

They have just got hold of a mailing list.

No the site is a genuine Italian one but it's been hacked

http://www.sipav.org/main/index.html

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Anonymous

Indeed @Beenherebefore but it is not an o2 email address in any form so that would immediately ring alarm bells to me.
Topics: 113

@Anonymous wrote:
Indeed @Beenherebefore but it is not an o2 email address in any form so that would immediately ring alarm bells to me.

Exactly, the genuine site is hacked and used to spam out.....happens a lot.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Topics: 548

Anonymous

I've just had exactly the same email phishing attempt. Have forwarded to the O2 phishing team. This is one of the best phishing attempts I've seen especially as they knew my name, email address, mobile number, date of birth and even my correct calling plan!
Very disconcerting but I've nuked the email I hope these parasites rot in hell!
Topics: 688

@Anonymous wrote:
I've just had exactly the same email phishing attempt. Have forwarded to the O2 phishing team. This is one of the best phishing attempts I've seen especially as they knew my name, email address, mobile number, date of birth and even my correct calling plan!
Very disconcerting but I've nuked the email I hope these parasites rot in hell!

Agree totally @Anonymous  You are probably the 10th person who has posted over the last 24hrs. O2 are being made aware of it via @Toby  the forum co-ordinator. We hope it can be stopped soon before it too late for some Smiley Sad

*The Game Is On*

Anonymous

I would ALWAYS be concerned about am email that shared all of that information to me because email is not a secure form of traffic and as such reputable companies risk breaching the Data Protection Act.

If you get any email or text or even snail mail like that, call the company on the number you have for them (not the one on the letter, text or email) and check.
Anonymous

Let's hope no one is conned into clicking the link!
Anonymous

Sadly someone on here has reported that they were conned into opening the link.

Rule of thumb. Never open a link in an email unless you are 100% certain of its authenticity.
Topics: 535

@Anonymous wrote:
Sadly someone on here has reported that they were conned into opening the link.

Rule of thumb. Never open a link in an email unless you are 100% certain of its authenticity.

Totally agree, but as I said last night, the amount of correct info on the emails will make lot's of people think it is genuine.

I wonder what safeguards o2 have put in place as it has been known to them for 3 days already?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)