Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 contract S5 to iPhone 6

Alexhaden
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all, just came back to 02 after a long break.

I purchased an s5 on a 4g contract, but just can't get used to it, so have fallen back to my iPhone 5 for now (had to change the apn though)

Will be buying a sim free iPhone 6 in a few weeks, so have a few questions

What's the difference between the iPhone apn and the mobile (android) apn? Will I lose anything by not having the iPhone apn?

Why can't I use the iPhone apn?

When I get my iPhone 6, as I'm on a 4g contract, im assuming I'll get 4g if I'm in a 4g area?

Would there be a cost or anything if I asked to move onto iPhone data? Is it worth asking that?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144202 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
Just call CS on 202 and ask then to change your data to iData (Data for iPhone). It's free and will allow you to use all the iPhone specific services (VVM, tethering etc).
4G will work just the same as on the S5 assuming you have the required pre-requisites.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144202 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
Just call CS on 202 and ask then to change your data to iData (Data for iPhone). It's free and will allow you to use all the iPhone specific services (VVM, tethering etc).
4G will work just the same as on the S5 assuming you have the required pre-requisites.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

On the S5 you would have standard data plan. Ask customer service to change your bolt on to idata. You need this for VVM and is why you have had to change APN.

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and Welcome to the forum.

You should get all the required set up texts with settings when you insert your nano sim into the iPhone 6.

If it doesn't then just amend the APN as you did in your previous iPhone.

As said O2 customer service will amend you to iData settings.

Nice choice of phone. 😄
Message 4 of 8

Alexhaden
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks all!

🙂

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144202 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
It's our pleasure slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Just a heads up that you won't get 4G until you get your iPhone 6 as the 5 doesn't have the frequencies O2 use for 4G slight_smile

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 8 of 8