Did you mean: 

O2 community NEW rank system ideas!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

We recently asked you, the amazing O2 community, for some feedback about the current rank system in place on the O2 forums. 

We're currently in the process of coming up with a new list of ranks and we would really like your input! There were some great ideas in the previous thread but as the ranks will apply to everyone we wanted to give members another chance to make suggestions! slight_smile

• We're aiming to reduce to total number of ranks 
  • The leveling system will be amended to ensure that members progress consistently 
  • Current ranks wont be reset but adapted to the new system 

Please consider the following when making your suggestions. :wink

• We want a common theme for all the new ranks 
  • You can pick anything related to that theme for the rank names 
  • Feel free to suggest as many themes as you like 
  • You don't have to come up with a long list of ranks, a few ideas is fine
  • It's fine to add rank ideas to a theme chosen by another member 

We look forward to reading your ideas and suggestions!! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
What about phone names with Apple the lowest and Samsung the highest wink tongue
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable

Common theme. If it ain’t broke. If the system is to be levelled out or capped then what happens to members who have already reached the peak

Message 3 of 85

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

My opinion on this has not changed from my previous post HERE

Ranks

I like the current system. I think they give an indication of the amount of work attributed to the members who post freely in their own time. I don't like the names of some of the ranks which are often silly and inappropriate

It would be helpful if the top rank(s) could have more added. @MI5 appears to be stuck on the same level for the last year? upside_down

I suspect whatever I suggest will be ignored though as the community obviously intends to change. However you asked for my opinion. For what it's worth I have given it wink

Rewards

I have no real opinion on this. I will go with the majority vote

Yours sincerely

Mrs Whizz Kidd (recently levelled up from Relic)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 85

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
94 levels is well over what is needed, just cut it down to 25 maximum by throwing out those such as "Relic"
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 5 of 85

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:
94 levels is well over what is needed, just cut it down to 25 maximum by throwing out those such as "Relic"

If they cut out more of the silly names such as Relic, Going Places, Casual Specs, Usually Online, Blockbuster, Part Timer, Hard Hitter etc etc etc....they may well be able to reduce the amount of levels currently in use

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 85

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I'm with @Beenherebefore and @Cleoriff. Remove the names that aren't relevant and make no sense to us and, more importantly, new members.

No idea what the theme would be but something that is in keeping with the purpose of the forum: to provide assistance to new members, inform everyone on new tech/phones and any problems we should be aware of. And keeping it a fun place to be part of.

That's my input for what it's worth 😊
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 7 of 85

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Well you're ok at the moment @Glory1. Currently 'Radiant'. Just wait till your next level.

It may be 'Clumping Clogs' or some other nonsense. Not sure what you would think about that? LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 85

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Well you're ok at the moment @Glory1. Currently 'Radiant'. Just wait till your next level.

It may be 'Clumping Clogs' or some other nonsense. Not sure what you would think about that? LOL

@Anonymous be honest @Cleoriff not too sure what I think about 'Radiant'. The picture I get is so not me. My 'Radiant' days, if they ever existed, were a good 40-odd years ago LOL

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 9 of 85

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I get the Lynx effect from that picture....

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 10 of 85