cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 cold calls bordering on harrasment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've not been with O2 for years now. But somehow yesterday they got my phone number which is on BT and called me 5 times in less than 24 hours. Even though I explained to stop calling me and that I'm on TPS they still decided to call me 4 more times to try and sell me a contract.

This is an open warning to you. Don't use this company they have a poor service coverage, are almost  more expensive than every other provider and continue to harrass members of the public to switch from their provider. 

You have been warned.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can make a complaint here if you wish http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122372 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

What number called you? It may well be a trusted partner...or someone pretending to be O2 and actually a third party seller

Have a look at this thread and see if it helps..

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Are-you-fed-up-with-spam-calls-and-texts-Follow-...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Most likely a 3rd party but complaints will investigate it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

The phone number is 01619023758

I refuse to block the number as the more times they call me the more evidence and ammo I have to file reports to TPS.

Also having another app running on my phone to block numbers using up battery life is not something I should be having to do, especially when I've explained I do not wish to be contacted.

Also the complaints procedure involves me phoneing a premium rate phone number and being put on hold for 10 minutes at which point my phone hung up as my monthy allowence of £15 had been used up. So yeah. Avoid O2 they are nothing but annoying and overly agreesive with their sales tactics. 

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will just add that everytime they have called me the have stated that they are O2. They have not said they are a 3rd party. Their call always starts the same way. "Hello my name is ....... I'm calling from O2 to discuss your service with us.

Like I said I've not been with O2 for years and I have no idea why they think I have anything to do with them.

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Not much else we can suggest tbh.
Report it to TPS and let them deal with it.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

This is from the TPS website:

"The Telephone Preference Service (TPS) and the Corporate (CTPS) are happy to offer a complaint handling service as a value added service, however we are not the body responsible for enforcement and we are unable to take enforcement action against companies complained about."

Just block the number.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Why get Needless stress? Just block the number. I appreciate your point but the solution is simple. 

Message 10 of 10