cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 are UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have been waiting atleast a month now for a replacment mobile! it has taken a countless number of phonecalls and repeating and going over my problem many a time! its getting to the point ive had enough!.. The service i am getting for paying over sixty pound every month is dispicable! All i need is a replacement of my W880i, but its just not happening. I Have been offered so many other phones by MANAGERS and other staff, I have spoken to managers countless times and i have been assured a replacement phone is on its way for a door step swap! this has all been lies, and it has happened about 15 times now. With waiting to get through to o2 half a hour everytime, this is the BAD SERVICE i get! Its terrible!! SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE!!

(This is only a Small summary on my problem)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know exactly what you mean.

My N95 developed a problem over a month ago, I spent 7 VERY lengthy calls to the tech support who had me performing all kinds of reprogramming tasks until last sunday they concluded that the handset was faulty. My 2nd O2 account ran over to the tune of £200 because I had to use the 2nd phone twice as much (which I paid without quibble). Now they won't send a replacement unless I send the old one back first. So in other words, I have to be without a years worth of data and contact info saved on the phone on the off chance that they'll actually make the effort to send a replacement. The customer services people were rude to say the least, my own customers expect to receive a service from my business, and I wouldn't get paid if I didn't provide it. Its just not acceptable. We control a total of 10 O2 phones here (probably more through extended family and friends) all of which will go back to our old supplier.

Do yourself a favour and switch to a new provider, they all have deals comparable or better than O2, and most actually care about their customers.

Glenn
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
i have been waiting atleast a month now for a replacment mobile! it has taken a countless number of phonecalls and repeating and going over my problem many a time! its getting to the point ive had enough!.. The service i am getting for paying over sixty pound every month is dispicable! All i need is a replacement of my W880i, but its just not happening. I Have been offered so many other phones by MANAGERS and other staff, I have spoken to managers countless times and i have been assured a replacement phone is on its way for a door step swap! this has all been lies, and it has happened about 15 times now. With waiting to get through to o2 half a hour everytime, this is the BAD SERVICE i get! Its terrible!! SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE!!
(This is only a Small summary on my problem)

I'm guessing you have been dealing with the returns/repairs team. Stop now. Get on the phone to customer services on 202 or 0870 600 3009. Call through speak to a CS manager. Take there name and contact details. Explain the issues you are having and are really frustrated, ask them if they could order the agreed phone and then ask if themselves or a CS advisor to call you back once it's been ordered and dispatched. Also ask for a parcel tracking number. As it's been an ongoing issue I imagine they will sort you out with some goodwill slight_smile if you aren't getting anywhere then you can ask to escalate the issue to high level complaints.

Glenn I'm sorry to hear about the problems you are having but I can assure you that there are many people within O2 that care. I pride myself in offered extremely high level of good customer service. I do care. At times the advisors have their hands tied by policies they may or may not agree with but generally speaking most of the CS staff in Glasgow offer excellent customer service.

The returns policy is that if you phone is faulty then you need to send of back to O2 then they will send you a replacement. The process usually runs smoothly so your only without the phone for a couple of days. If you don't have a phone to borrow to an older one to use then an O2 shop should be able to provide you with a loan phone. You mentioned you run a business, if it's a business account then the business team should be able to offer you an alternative option such as a doorstep swap so your not without a phone for any period of time. If your phone is faulty, no matter whether it was being repaired/replaced by the manufacturer or the network the first thing they will be is reinstall software and do a factory reset. You would loose everything even if it was the same phone returned. It's wise to have a back up of data/contacts anyway but why don't you just make a copy of you information on your nokia software suite. Shouldnt take very long and should be straight forward so you don't need to worry about losing anything slight_smile
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can always select complaint section from the CS (202) menu wink press 1 if its your first complaint and 2 if its ongoing-you'll find them very good.

I think you've got a very valid complaint and unless O2 start to act on this they will soon find a lot of customers are leaving/have left.
Message 4 of 6

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
I speak to the o2 customer care staff on a regular basis and I get to speak to the Glasgow call center alot.

The guys there are a great bunch and i can vouch for it as they really do try.

Im not saying that the other call centers arnt good, I do however seem to get through to the glasgow guys more.

I however do have a very different experience with the returns department which i beleive is subbed out. Its a very different story there and i know a couple of people i work with have had simular problems.

I do agree with the chippie that you do need to speak to o2 customer care and speak to the complaints department which is 202, option 4 and then opt 1 if its a new one or opt 2 if its ongoing.

Good luck i do hope you get it sorted
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the comments darrengf, I appreciate it.

I mimic what chippie has said, we as Glasgow CS do try our best to get things resolved for the customer and I have myself had a number of debates with the returns department on behalf of several customers.

Customer Service Advisors and Managers have more powers and allowances than most of the other departments so speak to them and get them to chase it up for you.
Message 6 of 6