cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 and my credit file

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a sim only contract.  Been hat way since returning to O2 back in Jan this year.
At the time of taking out my contract, I was told that a credit search would be performed (and possibly again around June when I changed contracts, but still sim only), which I had no problem with.  But since joining O2, I have had a mark placed on my credit file every month and since these appeared, my credit score has dropped quite a bit.

According to the people who you get to speak to on the phone about leaving O2, his is perfectly normal, because I have a contract of some type with O2.  But if that's the case, why don't any of the other contracts I am tied into also appear on my credit file?  Those would be my water supplier, gas & electric supplier, lanlord etc.   Anyway, the advisor told me I would likely find information about this on going thing with my credit file, within the terms and conditions on "My O2".  Yet surely I should have been informed right at the start, that an onhoing mark from O2 will be placed on my credit file for every monh I am still wih O2 (contract of some type).

Is anyone able to direct me please to where in the terms and conditions it states about this ongoing thing please??

Also, I would advise all other contract holders to check their own credit reports and see who are putting markers on their credit file, without the person even knowing about it!

Many thanks, Andy

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

To be honest @Anonymous I have never heard of that. As long as payments have been made on time with no breaks etc, then your credit file should be fine. It's only when you default then a black mark is generated. I would complain...https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cleoriff and thanks for the reply.
ALL of my bills have been paid on time and in full.  Yet for each month of this year from Feb to Aug, there is a mark from O2 who are labelled as a "Lender".   Kinda daft when I have borrowed nothing from O2.

I have complained, to the point of wanting to leave O2 because none of this was told to me when i took out the sim only contract.  I have also sent off an email (they have no contac number) to "creditfilereferrals@o2.com" but they can take up o 10 working days to reply.

Message 3 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
@Martin-O2 @MercedesS @Marjo can you get some explanation for this from O2 please.
The CS advisor clearly does not understand the issue and there is nothing in the T&C's to explain this, which, quite frankly is bordering on discrimination against this customer without justification of some sort?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 19

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I would have expected any HP agreement to appear on a credit file such as a phone on Refresh but no way should a sim only agreement be on there. 

Message 5 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

And no way should it be linked with a drop in credit rating which @Anonymous states is happening, despite payments being made on time...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 19

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Fraudulent contract taken out by somebody else perhaps ?
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 7 of 19

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 8 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Most unlikely to be a new fraudulent account every month either.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thoroughly believe that things like this should be advised when a customer is taking out a contract of some type.  After all, companies are obliged to tell you that "A credit search will be carried out...".  Yet we are not advised that a monthly mark will be left on your credit file.

All seems very very wrong to me.  Especially when my £15 a month compares very pitifully compared to things like my other bills.  The only one of which to be on my credit file is my credit card.

Message 10 of 19