Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 WiFi Hotspot

ValoShan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, so I’m having problems trying to connect to O2 WiFi hotspots. At my workplace there is a hotspot for O2 WiFi at Waitrose which I used to be able to connect to and use with no problems. However, about 2-3 weeks ago I went to go use it again and it took me to the page where you enter a verification code that gets sent to you, I would enter the code, correctly every time, and it would never budge from part 2 of the verification process. Whenever I try to enter the same code for a second time it always says that the code is wrong, when it isn’t. I always use the last code sent to me too. Just out of curiosity I also tried a hotspot at Debenhams recently only to have the same thing happen.

Is there a way to solve this or reset my WiFi or something? I have no clue what’s causing this - since it worked perfectly fine not too long ago. The only thing I could see to reset my password was a to text “WIFI” to 2121, but that always ends up being not delivered.

Thanks for any help!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@ValoShan

There is an FAQ here https://www.o2wifi.co.uk/about/faq , as this is usually caused by a conflict of whats known as the SSID (network name)

I would first off try forgetting or deleting the o2 Wifi Network and then when you next connect start agan on your phone

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

ValoShan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@madasaf1sh

Sorry I forgot to mention in my post that I’ve already tried forgetting the network and starting over again - which doesn’t work either. I had another go last night in work but still couldn’t get connected.
Message 3 of 3