cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Website

Anonymous
Not applicable

Being unable to see or change the address held on my account was frustrating.  I only discovered this problem recently when purchasing my new Huawei Ascend Y330 I got through to the checkout and there was my address.  It was not a recent address, but one that I first registered my previous mobile with.    Having my new phone delivered to this old address would be pointless and so I attempted to change this, with no success as there is no option available to complete such a task.  

I contacted the chat help, and their instant solution was to create a new account, new email and address, after the purchase merge the accounts together.   Obviously rather than finding a solution, O2 customer services had devised this strategy to overcome the problem I had incurred.   Not being so easily palmed off with feeble solutions, I stuck to my guns and insisted that I wanted to change the address on my account.  After a frustrating prolonged encounter, I was eventually passed to the Pay-as-You-Go team and eventually after another prolonged discussion, my address was changed.   Once the changes appeared on the system, which can take a few hours, I was able to place an order for my new phone.

Needless to say, I had considered leaving O2 halfway through this process, fortunately I didn’t as I am very pleased with both phone and package.   Instead I sent the transcript of the customer service conversation to customer complaints and I was pleased that O2 agreed with me and upheld my argument. 

One aspect of I raised was how difficult it can be to navigate around the O2 website.  Try and find customer complaints for instance.   I had to look externally on the internet to accomplish this task.   I have had problem before where it is not easy to find what you are looking for.  Many a time I have simply given up. 

So O2 agree that there needs to be some changes made in the way we navigate around their site.   It would be good to hear what problems you also have encountered and perhaps with help from the Community we can assist in the improvement and ease of navigation to help O2 develop a more user friendly environment. 

So please tell the Community what problems you have encountered in the past and how you think O2 can overcome these problems.   I expect this might well be a lively debate. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm glad you stuck to your guns and got the address changed, it shows what can be done when you are insistent. There are many bus with the website, particularly with the shop pages and ordering process.

As for the complaints there is a link, it is at the foot of every web page.

Message 2 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
In my opinion it should not be an easy process to change your address for security reasons.
There should be a written paper trail of evidence and proof to prevent scammers from ordering phones on customers accounts and having them sent to their own address rather than that of the real customer.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually there is a complaints link on these forum, but at the time I had never been on a community forum and from the main page you don't get a link.  Neither do you get any satisfaction if you search either.

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I accept security issues, but it still should not mean you cannot change your own personal details or where you would like a phone to be delivered.  If I were ordering through Amazon I would not have these barriers to over come.   Everyone has a personal responsibility to ensure they apply strong passwords.   If security is so much of an issue then O2 should add tiers like banks do, to ensure who is requesting to change their address, has the correct personal info as well.

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I agree with the enhanced security and two step verification would be great if it was pushed out by O2.
Whilst we see a few issues with address changes and fraudulent account activity it certainly isn't at epidemic levels though.....
It's one of those scenarios that doesn't matter to most people until it happens on their account....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 12

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for your thoughts on this and I'll feed it back to the rest of the team. Its a topic that has been mentioned by others before.

Are there any other issues you are having with current O2 processes. Insights from everyone here are always useful!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 12

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

We heard a good while back that security had been improved and certainly the level of phones ordered fraudulently has decreased. We don't see the level of these cases we once did on here but security is only as good as the personnel you employ and the systems you put in place so that it cannot be bypassed.

Message 8 of 12

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I think the bank credit check system where payments are verified through the banks' computers is pretty good. Although I am not sure of the specifics of the O2 payment system which I know will be kept between O2 and their merchant bankers.

Having a CAPTCHA code or retina scans before purchase might be an idea as well. I'm joking about the last one ;-).

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 9 of 12

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

One question I would like to ask :

Who actually keeps the O2 website up to date ?....by that I mean who makes the physical amendments to the website coding.

Is it an O2 dept. with O2 employed staff or is it an outsourced contractor ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 10 of 12