cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Website - MY O2 Page Down

Anonymous
Not applicable

For attention of Admins/IT Support:

O2 website - my O2 page down - The connection was reset error - or - This page is unavailable.

Message 1 of 76
75 REPLIES 75

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

All fine with mine no matter which way I sign in so it must only affect individual accounts

Message 21 of 76

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Must only be individual accounts or browsers then as mine is working fine on Chrome.

@MI5  It is, just tried Chrome on PC and got in immediately. Signed in fine and My O2 working.

However @Mi-Amigo is on Chrome and he is getting an error message when attempting to sign in (as is @Anonymous though not sure what browser he is using?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 76

MI5
  • 143454 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Must only be individual accounts or browsers then as mine is working fine on Chrome.

@MI5  It is, just tried Chrome on PC and got in immediately. Signed in fine and My O2 working.

However @Mi-Amigo is on Chrome and he is getting an error message when attempting to sign in (as is @Anonymous though not sure what browser he is using?

OK, so yours was browser fart (not getting as far as a handshake with O2 servers).

@Mi-Amigo and @Anonymous is a different issue as they are attempting a handshake with O2 servers and are being denied.

This can sometimes be corrected by clicking the padlock in front of the URL and go to site settings. On the page that opens up, select "clear data" then "reset permissions".

If the browser is sending corrupted data, that will fix it. If not, it's an issue at O2.

I would also try an alternate link to login https://accounts.o2.co.uk/signin

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 76

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25030 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for advice @MI5 

Followed it but problem is not resolved still showing error etc...

As to link you gave -

Entered my password, accepted, showed my O2 account number

but when click on it [which usually shows info] "error" message comes up

So it is an O2 issue.

@TheresaV - any further news of when this going to be fixed? Thanks

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 24 of 76

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Hello everyone @Mi-Amigo @Anonymous @MI5 @Cleoriff @jonsie 

Thanks for your messages. We currently can't find an issue but I will private message those of you who have a problem to get your personal details to check this individually! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 25 of 76

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25030 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@TheresaV wrote:

Hello everyone @Mi-Amigo @Anonymous @MI5 @Cleoriff @jonsie 

Thanks for your messages. We currently can't find an issue but I will private message those of you who have a problem to get your personal details to check this individually! 

Thanks @TheresaV much appreciated.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 26 of 76

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

OK, so yours was browser fart (not getting as far as a handshake with O2 servers).

@Mi-Amigo and @Anonymous is a different issue as they are attempting a handshake with O2 servers and are being denied.

This can sometimes be corrected by clicking the padlock in front of the URL and go to site settings. On the page that opens up, select "clear data" then "reset permissions".

If the browser is sending corrupted data, that will fix it. If not, it's an issue at O2.

I would also try an alternate link to login https://accounts.o2.co.uk/signin

Not had an issue with signing in, but the link above got me on to the bill details page straight away so ta for that @MI5 !!

Edited to add - that was on Microsoft Edge, not tried Chrome/FireFox.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 27 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 I use windows and edge on all devices, it's an odd error to get for just one specific page. Usually if I see "The connection was reset"  error at any time on my PC I have lost connection to the internet completley and need to restart. Never had this problem on just one page before.

As you can see from the bottom pic I am signed in:WP_20210218_15_35_10_Pro.jpg

WP_20210218_15_34_01_Pro.jpg

Message 28 of 76

MI5
  • 143454 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous 

Have you tried signing out (top right) then accessed via the direct link I posted above?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 29 of 76

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 Yes I have tried your link, but it's just the same frowning2

Message 30 of 76