cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Webmail

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just come in from work, it's 5.44pm and I am delighted to say that my O2 webmail has come back !     I had a wrotten day worrying about all my lost contacts and lost messages.  I am so pleased to see O2 webmail back again. 

Please could I make a couple of suggestions:

1.  Can O2 please let their customers know, in advance, when there are going to be some maintenance issues.  This would be in keeping with good customer service and would save an avalanche of customers, worrying about what is going on.

2.  Can O2 please inform all their technical advisors that O2 webmail is going to be maintained indefinitely, for broadband customers that moved over to Sky.    We have been told in writing several times that this is the case.   And yet everytime you contact customer service, we are told it's the end of of the road; webmail has finished.

Thank you again for sorting the problem out, but is there any chance you could follow my suggestions?  Be more dog!      

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You really should be moving it to a new provider.
O2 will not maintain the defunct servers for an indefinite period of time - take this latest issue as a warning, if I were you.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

1. I'd say 2013 was ample
2. If o2 webmail were to be maintained indefinitely, it goes against the official wordings I have seen.

Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
O2 have never used the word "indefinitely" in a public forum in relation to customers that did not migrate to Sky.
If O2 BB customers moved with the Sky acquisition they were told their mailboxes would remain, but otherwise there was to be a staggered close down.
There is no way O2 will maintain the old webmail servers and not get any benefit from it and all migrated accounts are now administered by Sky.
O2 email will not be a consideration for the sale to Three either.
The non Sky accounts will go at anytime so anyone who does not move now will only have themselves to blame for the loss of anything important.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

In fact we were told on Sunday by an O2 employee who posts on here. that the O2 webmail servers are not being maintained. As we have had so many posts over the last few days re problems with webmail it is obvious this is the beginning 'of the end'. If anyone can still use Webmail they should be transferring all their emails over to a new email address before they lose important stuff....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 13

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

We can only advise people now to back up everything to another email client. The fact that people are having problems now should be fair warning that this webmail situation is going to be repeated until it is finally switched off for good.

Message 6 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

If anyone whose O2 webmail account has survived this latest episode, they'd be well advised to heed the warning @MI5 has given, and move anything of importance to another account. Unfortunately, I'm certain this isn't the last we'll be hearing about this.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
We can only offer the advice with good intention. Whether it is heeded or not is out of our control 😞

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Certainly seems to be good advice BUT not everyone affected will be a O2 Community member.  If the servers belong to O2 then surely it is O2's duty and responsibility to formally advise and warn all the active email account holders of the current situation and to give a firm when the servers will be switched off (or whatever one does to stop a server serving).   Either O2 has an obligation to maintain the service for certain accounts or they don't -    the OP in this case seems quite clear that such obligation exists in writing.

Message 9 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I think O2 would consider they did their duty when they informed people of the proposed switch off in September 2013 @Anonymous 

I doubt they would have any knowledge as to who is still using it as it is no longer supported by O2 ...once it migrated to Sky?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 13