Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 / Virgin Merger Talks

SamsungFanBoy
Level 13: Prompter
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
I know that according to the news article I read on Google News, they are only in talks but should an O2 and Virgin merger happen, would this benefit existing O2 customers? I was a T-Mobile customer when the T-Mobile / Orange merger (EE) was happening and it was not a good customer experience at all. Customers faced a hike in plan costs, forced to change plans, upgrade deals were poor, loss of signal when they were switching over the networks. Customer services went down the pan, billing was always wrong. SIM card changes left Orange customers without a phone number as the porting process went stupid and all customer perks were lost such as the once famous Orange Wednesday's. I don't think I can face going through all of that again! I know that Virgin have their own network infrastructure and that they don't just use EE's anymore which is why they are saying when they move over to Vodafone next year that customers won't have to change SIM cards.

I'm wondering what your thoughts are as customers? Would you be happy about this? I'm personally not a fan of Virgin. I guess time will tell what actually happens.
Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35910 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions
And Sean Bean's voice on the ads 😉
Message 41 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
I’m about to skip from VM to Talk Talk... tell me I’m not insane..
Message 42 of 43

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35910 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I’m about to skip from VM to Talk Talk... tell me I’m not insane..

"You're not insane". 

That said... 

https://www.cable.co.uk/providers/guides/virgin-media-vs-talktalk/

Message 43 of 43