cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 TOOK UPFRONT COST!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, i just put in for a contract i paid £99.99 upfront but i were declined as i didn't have enough additional information like passport etc, i were fine with being declined as ill just get a pay as you go but when i checked my bank O2 have still taken the £99.99 out of my bank?? will i get this bank and if so how long will it take to reach my account again, its weird they've taken it if i've been declined!!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Welcome to the forum

Yes it is weird that they have taken this money if you have been declined. You need to ring customer services asap and explain whats happened. They will confirm whether you actually have been declined and refund the money if so. It could take between 5-7 days to process any refund http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

You could also check this link for My O2 and see if you actually have an account started.http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Either way you need to ring and speak to someone fairly quickly

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It could just be reserved funds and may not have been taken.
Either way, you will get it back.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

It will be at least 10 days before it is back in your account 

Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Check with your bank, it's usually just authorised and reserved without actually being taken.

Message 5 of 6

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
If your struggling, you can ask o2 to fax over to your bank to confirm they wont be claiming the funds. But this will take some amount of sweet talking to O2
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 6 of 6