cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Roaming Down for 12Hours +

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone else noticed that Roaming with and O2 phone is broken and has been since last night about 1900 BST.

I've phone O2 this morning only to be told that they know it's down but have no idea when it will be back up!!

--Guy
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm going to have to agree with wanty on this one. Yes it's a pain that the roaming system has stopped working but o2 will be working to get it sorted, I'm sure they want it fixed just as much as their customers. To those who are saying the likes of "I'm going to vodafone because of this" all I can say is that no network/service is infallible. I remember not too long ago when the RBS group's main system went down, and nobody with RBS/Natwest could get to their money at all for the best part of 24 hours. Computers can do so much to make us happy...but when they go wrong they can also cause absolute misery grin

However, I do think it'd be good if o2 had a 'network status' section on their site.
Message 21 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I remember when Visa went down a while ago, that was fun when I got to the checkouts with a trolly full of shopping. grin
Message 22 of 29

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
I remember not too long ago when the RBS group's main system went down, and nobody with RBS/Natwest could get to their money at all for the best part of 24 hours.

I remember when Visa went down a while ago, that was fun when I got to the checkouts with a trolly full of shopping. grin

Yes that was fun,our phone lines went into meltdown on both occasions and I learnt lots of new swear words so I can well imagine the grief O2's customer services are getting.But as canwefixit and others have mentioned, something on the website or a status page with some kind of resolution time would help enormously.
Message 23 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know i am having the same trouble here in the USA i phoned O2 and was told there working on it, this was two day ago, so i phoned them back again today and was told the same, NOT GOOD O2. I am in Indiana and always pick up t-mobile, or cingular not now it tried to pick it up and then the signal drops no GPRS or anything come on O2 sort it out! PS i have tried 3 hand set all doing to same, and two different sim chip to all doing the same NO ROAMING, NO NETWORK
Message 24 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same issue here
Called O2 no ETA on service
They are having a BIG problem..
Message 25 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm going to have to agree with wanty on this one. Yes it's a pain that the roaming system has stopped working but o2 will be working to get it sorted, I'm sure they want it fixed just as much as their customers. To those who are saying the likes of "I'm going to vodafone because of this" all I can say is that no network/service is infallible. I remember not too long ago when the RBS group's main system went down, and nobody with RBS/Natwest could get to their money at all for the best part of 24 hours. Computers can do so much to make us happy...but when they go wrong they can also cause absolute misery grin
However, I do think it'd be good if o2 had a 'network status' section on their site.

Nobody is waking up and going to work to do a bad job (at least the majority) but that doesn't mean that customers would have to put up with the incapability of a company to keep up to their promises. One way or the other, most customers tend to think about it twice during contract renewal.

I have experienced more downtime on O2's network in the last 6 months than in the whole 6 years i was with Orange.
Message 26 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im finally back online, it took them about 26 hours, but finally receiving my sms messages and voicemails.
Message 27 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have network in France now!
Message 28 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know yet when roaming will be up and running again?
I am in Denmark and unable to use my phone at all, not able to contact family back home etc. so obviously can't call O2 to find out what's going on!
Can anyone help??
Message 29 of 29