cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Repairs- Acceptable?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

A problem arose with my S3 wherein it wouldn't charge, no matter what i tried.

I took it in to my local O2 store, where they said it would need sending off for repairs.

So, a i got a text saying "we have sent your phone off for repair, we'll let you know when it gets there". Then i got a text a day later saying "we have received your phone and we're working on it now, we'll be back in touch shortly".

Then the next day i received a text saying "you phone is on it's way back to the shop, we'll be in touch when it's ready to pick up".

So from this i gathered that it had been fixed, and i'd be picking up a working phone. I got a text the next day saying that it was ready to pick up.

So i went into the store, said i was there to pick up my phone, got the phone, took it home.

When i got home i opened the box, and in the bottom of the box was a letter basically saying something along the lines of..."our engineer....... has been working on your phone and found it to have liquid damage. Unfortunately your warrenty doesn't cover that so we're unable to fix it" It may still work but you may see faults with it."

I find this totally unacceptable that i was led to believe it was fixed then i don't find out that it isn't until i get home and find a letter in the box. I'm now left without a phone as it can't even be switched on because the battery was totally dead.

I rang O2 and said it pretty poor service, the woman agreed. She spoke to the repair centre who told her it's not fixable. I was offered a refurbed S3 which i've had to take, and although they gave me a 'discount' it's ended up costing me.

I just think the service was extremely poor, why was i not offered alternative solutions straight away?

When you've been a customer for a lengthy period of time and spent plenty of money you expect better.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't agree. Some people on here obviously accept poor service.

I got in touch with O2 yesterday morning at 9am about the handset they sent not working. They said it was faulty and needed replacing. I was told it would be done as priority and I would most likely get it today.

I checked the o2 site later that afternoon and the order wasn't showing so i got in touch again, was told it was on the account, and the order won't show as it's a replacement, but it was done.

Well..i've been on the o2 site again this afternoon and the order is there showing as 'in progress.. So basically what i was told a load of rubbish..twice.

Rang up again and was told the order had only just been processed this morning.

I could express a few choice words for what i think of that service...but I won't.

Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the Q&A testing like for these refurbed handsets? Obviously it's superb as mine couldn't even pick up any network.

Putting a sim in the phone would have made them aware of that, but obviously not part of the Q&A testing.

Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Man on a mission.....
Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

The phone they sent me today?..... Faulty.

Yet another one coming tomorrow...3rd time lucky..

i give up.

Message 14 of 14