cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Repairs- Acceptable?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

A problem arose with my S3 wherein it wouldn't charge, no matter what i tried.

I took it in to my local O2 store, where they said it would need sending off for repairs.

So, a i got a text saying "we have sent your phone off for repair, we'll let you know when it gets there". Then i got a text a day later saying "we have received your phone and we're working on it now, we'll be back in touch shortly".

Then the next day i received a text saying "you phone is on it's way back to the shop, we'll be in touch when it's ready to pick up".

So from this i gathered that it had been fixed, and i'd be picking up a working phone. I got a text the next day saying that it was ready to pick up.

So i went into the store, said i was there to pick up my phone, got the phone, took it home.

When i got home i opened the box, and in the bottom of the box was a letter basically saying something along the lines of..."our engineer....... has been working on your phone and found it to have liquid damage. Unfortunately your warrenty doesn't cover that so we're unable to fix it" It may still work but you may see faults with it."

I find this totally unacceptable that i was led to believe it was fixed then i don't find out that it isn't until i get home and find a letter in the box. I'm now left without a phone as it can't even be switched on because the battery was totally dead.

I rang O2 and said it pretty poor service, the woman agreed. She spoke to the repair centre who told her it's not fixable. I was offered a refurbed S3 which i've had to take, and although they gave me a 'discount' it's ended up costing me.

I just think the service was extremely poor, why was i not offered alternative solutions straight away?

When you've been a customer for a lengthy period of time and spent plenty of money you expect better.

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm assuming the texts you were sent where standard template's scripted ones sent out at the push of a button to provide some form of tracking of the process.

Going into detail via text can run into issues too.

Tripped liquid sensors within a handset is not only achieved by a phone being immersed in water or via rain.

It can happen via condensation caused for example by having the phone in a pocket and it overheats.

If the T&C's do not cover liquid damage then 02 have offered more than they have to you to come to an amicable resolution.

Message 3 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

I think you should consider yourself lucky that you were able to get a replacement and a discount. If the phone was indeed water damaged (and yes they should have made you aware of this) you could have been looking at a costly repair or being left with a damaged phone.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm assuming the texts you were sent where standard template's scripted ones sent out at the push of a button to provide some form of tracking of the process.

Going into detail via text can run into issues too.

Tripped liquid sensors within a handset is not only achieved by a phone being immersed in water or via rain.

It can happen via condensation caused for example by having the phone in a pocket and it overheats.

If the T&C's do not cover liquid damage then 02 have offered more than they have to you to come to an amicable resolution.

Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Though the fact of the matter is they wouldn't have offered me anything if i hadn't got in touch with them with my grievance.

Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Though the fact of the matter is they wouldn't have offered me anything if i hadn't got in touch with them with my grievance.

In essence they didn't have to offer anything.

If I didn't get in touch with Sky then they wouldn't have given me a discount.

If I didn't get in touch with Bt Infinity they wouldn't have given me a Home Hub 4.

Challenge and sometimes one prevails.    wink

Message 5 of 14

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You have accepted the replacement offered so it's a bit late to complain now.

If you wanted a better result you should have rejected their offer.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Missing the point of my post really. It was the fact that i didn't even know it couldn't be fixed until i got it home and found a letter at the bottom of the box, that annoyed me. I don't think that's particularly good service and i should have been notified and given options sooner.

Instead of then being left without a phone.

yes - they probably have text templates that are sent every time, but i think it's about time they reviewed their process, as these are misleading.

Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well to top it off the refurbed handset they sent is also faulty, so they're having to send another. Excellent service O2.
Message 9 of 14

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Well to top it off the refurbed handset they sent is also faulty, so they're having to send another. Excellent service O2.

They have offered you a discounted handset after you water damaged your previous model and are now replacing that one for free. It seems to me they are actually trying to be quite helpfull.

Yes there was obviously a lack of communication regarding your initial repair (which you should have been informed of by the store you sent it away from) but since then they appear to be trying to sort things out for you. Unfortunately you have just been unlucky to have received a faulty replacment which sadly is sometimes the case with a refurbished model.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 10 of 14