Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Refresh-a suggestion.

Skyhawk1010
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 150 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

There been a lot of talk about the updated O2 Refresh promotion which is rightly seen as innovative approach to the old issue of being tied into a 24 month contract.

I was having a lie in earlier and I was thinking about tackling the issue from the opposite direction.

How about...

Offering a Pay In Advance option where the customer pays in advance for the handset in full and also a 24 month deal which includes a say unlimited calls with 100GB of data. It would of course have to work out cheaper than buying a handset off line then getting  2x12 month SIM only deals or letting a SIM only run for 24 months in total. 

The customer would benefit from from having an overall cheaper deal over 24 months , no monthly payments to worry about ( unless they’ve accessed services outside O2’s normal usage) .

O2 benefit from having the money upfront, almost zero credit risk and seen to be offering an innovative solution.

Perhaps O2 might give me a reward for this suggestion...🤤

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I didn't realise about the 3 month condition @adamtemp64 so thanks for that grin

No nor me. Every day's a school day nerd

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

I'm guessing that's to stop people taking out a contract solely to sell the phone on or to use another network.

Message 12 of 12